My 30g South American tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 30g South American tank

Well, its up and running with some residents. In the tank are 10 Neons, 5 Penguin Tetras, 6 Rummynose, 2 South American Bumblebee Cats, a male and female pair of Apistogramma agassizii's, and a male and female pair of Lyretail Swords. Here are some pics I took tonight, hope you enjoy!
    65G African Tank (1 Ropefish, 1 Senegal Bichir, 3 Spotted Climbing Pearch, 2 Black Calvus "Zebra", 1 Featherfin Cat, African Knife, 2 Upside down Cats and an African Butterfly Fish.

30G "The Mudhole" 3 African Mudskippers (Periophthalmus barbarus)

20G 4 Longfin Zebra Danio, 2 Julii Cory, 2 Bolivian Ram, 1 Stripped Raphael and 3 Glass Cats.

Re: My 30g South American tank

Looking great! Where did you find those rummynose at?

Have you thought about adding o-cats?
    30Long: L134 Leopard Frog Plecos X16, Corydoras Sterbai X9, Endlers X4

Small ADA nano (~8gal): ... BKK or OEBT breeding tank in the works!

75g Craigslist Special: In the works...

Comment

Thanks TexSun! I have some O-cats im ny 20 gallon but they just dont do that much for me, although they are good little cleaners. I got the Rummynose at HAW. Im still really wanting one of your plecos. Lol
      65G African Tank (1 Ropefish, 1 Senegal Bichir, 3 Spotted Climbing Pearch, 2 Black Calvus "Zebra", 1 Featherfin Cat, African Knife, 2 Upside down Cats and an African Butterfly Fish.

20G 4 Longfin Zebra Danio, 2 Julii Cory, 2 Bolivian Ram, 1 Stripped Raphael and 3 Glass Cats.

Comment

What type of Corydoras do yall think I should add?

Comment

My 30g South American tank

How much are you willing to spend on them? I personally like the green and orange laser corys.
          29 Gallon SA Tank -- 5 Bleeding Heart Tetras, Mated Pair of Angels, 7 Green Corys, and a Rubberlip Pleco

30 Gallon Breeder -- 20+ neon tetras, 3 albino cories, 2 albino bristlenose plecos, female betta, 1 angel

5 Gallon Shrimp Nano - Sakura Red Shrimp, Boraras Brigittae, Oto Cats, Olive Nerites, and Pink Ramshorn

Comment

Here's a list of corydoras. I like the panda and sterbai corys, but there's a lot of them I had no clue existed.

Comment

i am buying some cory panda. where did you get the apistogram?
              75g Tank,
              2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
              2.5g Mini Monter - Shrimp Tank
              10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
              10g Tank
              Hospital 2-F. Endlers

2-29g Empty Tank, 20L Empty Tank , 125g Empty Tank[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chris.d514 View Post
                How much are you willing to spend on them? I personally like the green and orange laser corys.
                Around 10 a piece preferably, but it depends on how much I like them when I see them lol.

Comment

Originally posted by mistahoo View Post
                  Here's a list of corydoras. I like the panda and sterbai corys, but there's a lot of them I had no clue existed.
                  Cool link! I do like the Pandas and also the Skunks.

Comment

Originally posted by R_sustaita View Post
                    i am buying some cory panda. where did you get the apistogram?
                    Believe it or not, I actually got them at Petsmart. I know, for shame.

Comment

Originally posted by brandon_rss18 View Post
                      Believe it or not, I actually got them at Petsmart. I know, for shame.
                      Nothing wrong with that. Some Petsmarts carry a few fish that I don't usually see at the LFS

Comment

Cool link! I do like the Pandas and also the Skunks.
                        I use the link to look at all kinds of catfish. IMO best website for them and it's so organized and simple.

Comment

Around 10 a piece preferably, but it depends on how much I like them when I see them lol.
                          Sounds about right if you're trying to get the nice ones. I wouldn't pay any more than that.

Comment

Well I went ahead and got 3 Julli's. I really like the ones I got, very spotted with solid black dorsal fins.

Comment

So in yalls opinion, should I add a pair of GBR's or Bolivians?

Comment

Working...
                              X