Some type of Synodontis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some type of Synodontis

As the title states, it is some time of Synodontis. What type? I have no idea. A hybrid? Probably. Anyways, he or she now lives in my tank.
    65G African Tank (1 Ropefish, 1 Senegal Bichir, 3 Spotted Climbing Pearch, 2 Black Calvus "Zebra", 1 Featherfin Cat, African Knife, 2 Upside down Cats and an African Butterfly Fish.

30G "The Mudhole" 3 African Mudskippers (Periophthalmus barbarus)

20G 4 Longfin Zebra Danio, 2 Julii Cory, 2 Bolivian Ram, 1 Stripped Raphael and 3 Glass Cats.

I'd put my money on it being some kind of hybrid. Either way, nice pick up! The little bugger looks awesome!

Comment

Nice find, cool looking catfish.
      30Long: L134 Leopard Frog Plecos X16, Corydoras Sterbai X9, Endlers X4

Small ADA nano (~8gal): ... BKK or OEBT breeding tank in the works!

75g Craigslist Special: In the works...

Comment

Synodontis grandiops I think...
        Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

synodontis multipunctatus

Or maybe

Synodontis grandiops

How big is it?
          ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

it looks nice.
            Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by mistahoo View Post
              I'd put my money on it being some kind of hybrid. Either way, nice pick up! The little bugger looks awesome!
              Yup
              http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Thats a good looking catfish... kind of wish mine looked like that.. mines just goofy looking

Comment

Thanks yall. He (or she) is about 3 to 3 1/2 inches.
                  65G African Tank (1 Ropefish, 1 Senegal Bichir, 3 Spotted Climbing Pearch, 2 Black Calvus "Zebra", 1 Featherfin Cat, African Knife, 2 Upside down Cats and an African Butterfly Fish.

20G 4 Longfin Zebra Danio, 2 Julii Cory, 2 Bolivian Ram, 1 Stripped Raphael and 3 Glass Cats.

Comment

Originally posted by barrettsline View Post
                    synodontis multipunctatus

Or maybe

Synodontis grandiops

How big is it?
                    I was thinking the same, but comparing them with his little kitty, It's a bit off. The spots on his are much larger and spread out; also, around the mouth and eye area of his cat doesn't have small spots, all the spots are roughly the same size
                    Last edited by mistahoo; 08-09-2012, 01:35 PM.

Comment

What did you buy it as?

Comment

Originally posted by mistahoo View Post
                        What did you buy it as?
                        An "unknown" synodontis. Lol got it fromy local fish store and it came in with their shipment.

Comment

Originally posted by brandon_rss18 View Post
                          An "unknown" synodontis. Lol got it fromy local fish store and it came in with their shipment.
                          Great score
                          Don't tell fish stories where people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.
                          Mark Twain

Comment

i think most synos change patterns as they mature, (my eupterus certainly did) and if this one is only around 3 inches, maybe he's a juvenile? also i'm thinking male since he's so skinny. the girls usually have a belly on them.
                            my fish house:
                            2.5g- ramshorn hatchery
                            6g eclipse- yellow shrimp, chili rasboras, yellow apple snails
                            29g- geo grow-out, angels, 12"fire eel, dwarf frog, apple snails
                            45g- jade sleeper gobies, native killifish, feeder endlers

75g-
                            2 oscars, parrot, silver dollars, albino channel cat, syno euptera, bichir, baby jaguar, convicts, yabby
                            125g- fahaka puffer, rainbow shark
                            and about a dozen bettas....

Comment

Originally posted by HERM View Post
                              Great score
                              +1

Comment

Working...
                              X