Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• betta bottles?

IMG_20120709_175750.jpgIMG_20120501_125541.jpgIMG_20120407_120001.jpg
    been keeping bettas like this for years, with a bit of live plant (either moss algae or stargrass or both) and seeded with daphnia and gammarus for a constant supply of live food. supplemental feeding is still required, i give them a couple pellets once a week. water changes arent necessary unless overfed, then can be done with airline tubing. just brought a bunch to the shop, theyre great for desks or small spaces! can be made to requests...
    my fish house:
    2.5g- ramshorn hatchery
    6g eclipse- yellow shrimp, chili rasboras, yellow apple snails
    29g- geo grow-out, angels, 12"fire eel, dwarf frog, apple snails
    45g- jade sleeper gobies, native killifish, feeder endlers

75g-
    2 oscars, parrot, silver dollars, albino channel cat, syno euptera, bichir, baby jaguar, convicts, yabby
    125g- fahaka puffer, rainbow shark
    and about a dozen bettas....

That's a pretty cool way to recycle bottles

Comment

Very creative!
      180g - 2 Red Oscars, 1 Tiger Oscar, 1 JD, Convicts, convicts & more convicts
      75g - 1 Silver Aro, 1 Mean Koi Angel
      50g - Various platy & mollies
      10g - 1 Green Spotted Puffer

Comment

Are they glass or plastic or both? And are they ones you have in the house or do you get them from somewhere? They are really cool looking
        Guppies:
        Hi-fin pepper Cory's, Black Cory's, Long Fin Golden Aneus, Swordtails, some lyretail(RREA's, Red, Albino Koi, Red & Gold Tux), Different types of BN plecos(albino, calico, long fin, blue eyed short & long fin)
        Mystery Snails, Yellow Shrimp, CPDs

HAS Master Aquatic Gardener awarded 1997
        HAS Master Fish Breeder awarded 1998

Comment

Very nice ! (somebody's been getting their drink on !) lol
          Don't tell fish stories where people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.
          Mark Twain

Comment

They are glass bottles, rum mostly, one jim beam, and one tequila... well rinsed. yes I get my drink on. come buy one today!
            my fish house:
            2.5g- ramshorn hatchery

75g-
            2 oscars, parrot, silver dollars, albino channel cat, syno euptera, bichir, baby jaguar, convicts, yabby

Comment

hmmmmm. i just might have to hit my drinking friends up! :P
              Guppies:
              Hi-fin pepper Cory's, Black Cory's, Long Fin Golden Aneus, Swordtails, some lyretail(RREA's, Red, Albino Koi, Red & Gold Tux), Different types of BN plecos(albino, calico, long fin, blue eyed short & long fin)
              Mystery Snails, Yellow Shrimp, CPDs

HAS Master Aquatic Gardener awarded 1997
              HAS Master Fish Breeder awarded 1998

Comment

no need! just stop by and pick up one today! like I said, the ones in the pics are for sale at haw, and if you want a certain color or fin type, just let me know! i can make almost any color combo of fish and substrate, and seed them with plants and live food.
                my fish house:
                2.5g- ramshorn hatchery

75g-

Comment

how do you seed it with daphnia and gammarus for a constant supply of food? is it live daphnia and gammarus? i would like to do that to my bettas setup..do tell please!
                  thx :)

Comment

WTF no Crown bottle?
                    Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

whiskey makes me mean. yes I use live gammarus, although I have learned that those other critters are in fact seed shrimp, not daphnia. they are VERY small and dont have a jerky swimming motion. (thanks brian!) these tiny creatures take refuge in the plants and so can maintain a small population.
                      my fish house:
                      2.5g- ramshorn hatchery

75g-

Comment

just got a few new bettas, going to make their homes today. any requests? (yes the "platinum" i posted about in another thread is one of them)
                        my fish house:
                        2.5g- ramshorn hatchery

75g-

Comment

Working...
                        X