oscars wont pose...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oscars wont pose...

after seeing scorpioswife's pics, i had to post my babies too, but they wouldnt hold still! so sorry for the bad quality, but you can still see how beautiful they are. note the BP charging them from the woodpile... IMG_20120718_012149.jpgIMG_20120718_012239.jpgIMG_20120718_013940.jpgIMG_20120718_013952.jpgIMG_20120718_014100.jpgIMG_20120718_014150.jpgIMG_20120718_014311.jpgIMG_20120718_014401.jpgIMG_20120718_014508.jpgIMG_20120718_014551.jpgIMG_20120718_014700.jpgIMG_20120718_014714.jpg
    my fish house:
    2.5g- ramshorn hatchery
    6g eclipse- yellow shrimp, chili rasboras, yellow apple snails
    29g- geo grow-out, angels, 12"fire eel, dwarf frog, apple snails
    45g- jade sleeper gobies, native killifish, feeder endlers

75g-
    2 oscars, parrot, silver dollars, albino channel cat, syno euptera, bichir, baby jaguar, convicts, yabby
    125g- fahaka puffer, rainbow shark
    and about a dozen bettas....

They're so big!

Comment

I like the tank setup. Nice and simple! Easy to clean up too. I'd assume they're messy? No cleanup crew?

Comment

i pulled the substrate a couple months ago due to cloudy water, it does stay much cleaner now. just mopani with anubias tied on, and floating hornwort and lilies from the creek by my house. the Os are just a tiny bit longer than my hand, so theyve still got a way to grow. their roomies are a female texas, the parrot, 3 generations of convicts, bichir, and a featherfin syno ive had forever. oh, and a pleco in there somewhere.
        my fish house:
        2.5g- ramshorn hatchery

75g-
        2 oscars, parrot, silver dollars, albino channel cat, syno euptera, bichir, baby jaguar, convicts, yabby

Comment

Originally posted by allysangels View Post
          i pulled the substrate a couple months ago due to cloudy water, it does stay much cleaner now. just mopani with anubias tied on, and floating hornwort and lilies from the creek by my house. the Os are just a tiny bit longer than my hand, so theyve still got a way to grow. their roomies are a female texas, the parrot, 3 generations of convicts, bichir, and a featherfin syno ive had forever. oh, and a pleco in there somewhere.
          I ended up pulling out my substrate as well a few weeks back due to cloudy water. The substrate was really old and it was breaking up and releasing all kinds of stuff. Yeah I'd say they can put on much more. Seen some really huge ones! Makes me wonder how they taste seeing how big they get

Comment

Senegal Bichir?

Comment

yeah... hes like a puppy!
              IMG_20120206_215951.jpg
              my fish house:
              2.5g- ramshorn hatchery

75g-

Comment

Originally posted by allysangels View Post
                yeah... hes like a puppy!
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]13008[/ATTACH]
                It's got some size! How big is it?

Comment

his name is boris.
                  my fish house:
                  2.5g- ramshorn hatchery

75g-

Comment

about 11 inches long? its hard to be sure.
                    my fish house:
                    2.5g- ramshorn hatchery

75g-

Comment

Hahah okay and you don't have problems with fin nipping?

Comment

Mines is about 12" but he's a fin nipper! He doesn't mess with my 14" Endlicheri and she loves to "explore" out of the tank when I'm not looking

Comment

no issues with any aggression...
                          my fish house:
                          2.5g- ramshorn hatchery

75g-

Comment

Ally, they're beautiful & they look great. I have a Senegal Bichir in with mine as well. He's only about 6 inches long tho, just got him in September. They often rub themselves up on the side of the tank, like cats on your leg, when I come over to them & Fat Girl is a camera hog so they're easily measured. She is almost 9 inches and Fat Boy is almost 10. They've still got some growing to do. I'll be pulling substrate in mine this weekend, too.
                            180g - 2 Red Oscars, 1 Tiger Oscar, 1 JD, Convicts, convicts & more convicts
                            75g - 1 Silver Aro, 1 Mean Koi Angel
                            50g - Various platy & mollies
                            10g - 1 Green Spotted Puffer

Comment

Nice tanks and fish y'all. I had some nice tiger Os about 20 years ago and seeing these tanks now takes me back. If I wasn't in it neck deep with Trophs and Petros, I'd easily make my 280 into an O habitat. Keep the pics coming!
                              http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Working...
                              X