Pics & vids of 3 of my tanks - Oscars, Angels, & Community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics & vids of 3 of my tanks - Oscars, Angels, & Community

Well, I was going to put these in my Angel thread, but when I went to Photobucket I noticed some more I meant to post a couple of weeks ago. So, here are 3 of my tanks, as stated. Oscar tank, Angel tank & the Community tank. Don't ask me how many fish are in the community tank. I lost count at 40 but with regular water changes (25% weekly) everything seems to be doing just fine.

Sorry the community tank video is so long. I was trying to get the male guppies & there's a lot of them! A lot of their fins were torn up when I got them about 2 weeks ago. The LFS doesn't normally sell them (he's mostly SW). Someone brought them in and he had them in a tank with fish that didn't care for them much, so I bought almost all he had for 75 cents each. I believe there were 24 total, if memory serves me right. I will be setting up another 55g in my office just for the guppies very soon.

Fat Girl is a camera hog. LOVES to get right in front of me when I'm taking pictures in her tank. Not a bad picture for an iPhone.

Sparticus

Hovercraft Sparticus

180g - 2 Red Oscars, 1 Tiger Oscar, 1 JD, Convicts, convicts & more convicts
    75g - 1 Silver Aro, 1 Mean Koi Angel
    50g - Various platy & mollies
    10g - 1 Green Spotted Puffer

Nice!!
    420 Gallon: IT's, NGT's, NTT's, AT's, Cichla Pleizona, Bichirs, Blue Arowana, Spotted Gar, Clown Loaches

Comment

Those look like happy, healthy Oscars!
      Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
      Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
      Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
      Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Thanks yall. They keep me entertained with their antics, lol. Such personality!

Comment

Great pics. Oscars are so cool... tons of personality and very smart fish.

Mark
          What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Thanks. It's funny to watch the male blood parrot push them if they get too close to where they're playing house. The O's don't even pay it any mind and the parrot is so serious! Looks like a scooter running into the side of a Mac truck, lol.

Am I the only one who can't see my dawg-gone videos? Grrr. When I click play they're just black but if I click to go to YouTube to watch them, they're there. Por que?!?

Comment

I could see the video. the Angels look good. the small one is a little stunted but looks healthy. good job!
              Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Thanks, Troy. He's always been tiny, he was younger than the rest if I remember correctly. He eats fine he just doesn't seem to grow, lol.

Comment

So, today was fun. I pulled everything & everyone out of the 55g community tank and remodeled. This was my end result. Not quite happy with it yet and I'm open to suggestions. I just wanted to pull the substrate to make it easier to clean.

Comment

Originally posted by ScorpiosWife View Post
                    So, today was fun. I pulled everything & everyone out of the 55g community tank and remodeled. This was my end result. Not quite happy with it yet and I'm open to suggestions. I just wanted to pull the substrate to make it easier to clean.

I like how you ran the airlines through the bottom of the pots. Looks pretty cool! I might add a couple of pieces of driftwood, but I am also a a driftwood freak. lol
                    65G African Tank (1 Ropefish, 1 Senegal Bichir, 3 Spotted Climbing Pearch, 2 Black Calvus "Zebra", 1 Featherfin Cat, African Knife, 2 Upside down Cats and an African Butterfly Fish.

30G "The Mudhole" 3 African Mudskippers (Periophthalmus barbarus)

20G 4 Longfin Zebra Danio, 2 Julii Cory, 2 Bolivian Ram, 1 Stripped Raphael and 3 Glass Cats.

Comment

Thank you, Brandon. It was the only way I was sure to secure them, lol. I'm not sure I like the driftwood across the tops of the pots. Definitely moving things around again when I figure out what else I wanna do.

Comment

Working...
                      X