Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I get zoas off one thing to another?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I get zoas off one thing to another?

So I bought a frag of zoas from a lfs one day and since it has been in my tank a few weeks I thought a few times my powerhead was blowing on it making it move at times. Well the point is I finally noticed why it was moving today and it seems the zoas are not attached to a rock but some sort of clam like filter feeder. I looked closely and it opens up a small amount and a filter comes out some. My question is, is it possible for me to remove the zoas without damaging them? They are encrusted on 98 percent of the little fellow.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

Yup just run a razor blade under them and scrape them off use super glue gel to glue them in place where you want them

Comment

Sweet. Thanks. I hope I don't mess them up. I'm a real clutz Lol. Hopefully I can pull this off.

Comment

It's pretty easy just scrape under them if there's a layer of crust under the zoas scrape under that and zoas should be fine will also hold them together better that way

Comment

Sounds good. It looks like a small layer of crust underneath. So let's hope it will come off easily. Guess I'll do it here shortly after a water change. :)

Comment

Make sure you have gloves and eye protectant. And if its a paly might want to get something over your mouth and nose. Toxins released by some of these zoas can be pretty nasty.
            Resident fish bum
            330G FOWLR
            34G Reef
            330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
            28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
            Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Better to be safe then sorry!

Comment

Here is a pic I'm not sure. Sorry about quality I used my cellphone camera.

Attached Files

Comment

Well it took about 5 min or less to get the zoas off. Hopefully they'll open back up in a couple hours.

Comment

Working...
                  X