Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my biocube29

camera 059.jpg
    a pic of my cube. most of the rock came from my old tank that has been dead for over 5 years and added a few live pieces to seed it. cut the back to fit a hob skimmer with no other real mods yet. live stock includes a false clown, starry eyed blenny, skunk shrimp and a mandarin along with asst. snails and hermits. corals so far are zoas, green shroom, star polyps and a frogspawn which looks alot better than it did when i got it.

That looks really good.

Might just need to go back and do this with my bio cube.

Comment

Looking good does your mandarin eat frozen or flake foods

Comment

so far i havnt got him to eat any frozen or flakes. having to feed pods. might give live brine shrimp a try. my next mod to the cube will be to try to set up a refug in the center section to hopefully help maintain a pod population. the pic doesnt really look like it but there is quit a bit of rock in there and hopefully that will help with the mandarin.

Comment

Looking good what skimmer are you using and how much cutting did you have to do
          mmm...pancakes

Comment

i used a red sea prizm that has been laying around here for years. i had to cut about a 1 1/2" x 6" strip out of the back edge. basically the length of the center section. and had to take out the top shelf that was in there. think it will leave me room to also use that section for a refuge.

Comment

I would have turned around and use a aquaticlife skimmer in the fuge chamber or a tunze nano and get a 14" hob fuge so it can fit the intake pump in the intake drain from the display and the return on the return section or extend it to the display.

Comment

Working...
              X