Need help with ick in tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with ick in tank

HELP. I've had my 30g running fine for about 3 months now and all of sudden every fish has died of ick. All of my corals are growing fine but I've had couple of clowns and small tang died in last week. CP sold me ick med and I've treated tank daily. Tried putting in another clown and within 2 days that one died too. Should I do a WC? I've got my blenny and goby and inverts in there and they are doing fine.

whats the temp your treating the tank?
    what live stock did you add in before the ick?
    do you have a heater?
    and you might wanna give it a few weeks before adding anything after treatment to make sure it completely gone.

Comment

I noticed the ick when I added the blue spotted goby. I don't have a heater in there. I've treated the med daily so I'm gonna wait about a month before I add my pair of picasso clowns.

Comment

Resident fish bum
        330G FOWLR
        34G Reef
        330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
        28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
        Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

30gal is too small for a tang.

Comment

Yes, I know its too small for a tang. It was given to me by a friend. In process of looking at getting like a 90g.

Comment

get a heater!!

Comment

CP told me that I didn't need a heater and that I should ride it out. I've dosed ick med that I got from them everyday. But I'm hold off putting anything else in there for a while.

Comment

That's what I said.
                  Resident fish bum
                  330G FOWLR
                  34G Reef
                  330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
                  28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
                  Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Google marine ich myths and facts. Thereeftank has a post that will answer all your questions. Until you treat it correctly, I assume that any new fish you add will likely get ich from the fish you already have.

Ich is a parasite. The goal of a parasite is to live off a host NOT kill it. Your fish that appear fine probably have ich. The new fish that are stressed have a weaker immune system and are overtaken.

You can have a cold and still function, but give your 90 year old grandmother that same cold and she might die of pneumonia because of a weaker immune system. On cold medicine you might not even have the sniffles, but you still carry it.

That search will detail the only ways to cure ich. My vote is qt your fish in hypo for 2 months.

Comment

Working...
                    X