270 gallon lighting question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 270 gallon lighting question

I have a 270 gallon saltwater reef tank. The dimensions are 72" wide x 36" deep x 24" tall. It has a canopy on it and right now I am running three 175 watt 14000k metal halide lights and two 6' vho blue fluorescent lights. I have hammer coral, bubble coral, frogspawn, toadstools and various other corals as well as fish. I am wondering if this lighting is sufficient, not enough or too much? Everything seems to be doing great but I am wondering if this is the best economical lighting for this setup. Can I go with some different lighting to save a little money on the power bill? I am new to all of this and just would like a little feedback from some of you that have been in this longer than I have. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. I am also running a chiller on this tank to keep the water cooler than the lights heat it up to. I am just trying to make my tank economical but at the same time take great care in keeping the stock I have in there happy. Thanks again for your feedback. Patrick

If everything is growing fine I wouldn't worry about it unless your gonna add a bunch of sps but if anything 24" deep tank I would think 250 watt halides I have a single 250 over my tank its 24" deep mostly lps and softies right now but I'm gonna slowly add sps to mine

Comment

Working...
    X