Oscar w/ Goldfish and Koi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oscar w/ Goldfish and Koi

SO right now all my pond fish are in a 90g tank until I finish enlarging my pond. I happened to pick up an albino oscar at a petsmart for a couple bucks a while back and threw him in there. He seems to be behaving himself so far which is more than I can say for the couple of bumblebee cichlids I had to stash in there for a couple days.

Should I put him in the pond when I move the rest of them back?
    135 gal Fahaka Puffer
    150 gal Threadfin Acaras, Angels, Red Spotted Severum, Gold Severum, and a Silver Dollar
    185 gal Demasoni, Yellow Labs, Venustus, Rustys, Plecos, Clown Loaches, and Sharks

That would be entirely up to you, they don't handle the cold weather or aren't suppose to handle the weather changes we get though like the goldfish.

I've seen vids of giant arowanas with goldfish/koi with zero problems, eventually it might surface though.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I thought I've heard of oscars liking in lakes and stuff but maybe that wasn't around here. Then again, a lake and my relatively small pond aren't going to have near the same temperature stability.
      135 gal Fahaka Puffer
      150 gal Threadfin Acaras, Angels, Red Spotted Severum, Gold Severum, and a Silver Dollar
      185 gal Demasoni, Yellow Labs, Venustus, Rustys, Plecos, Clown Loaches, and Sharks

Comment

Dunno bout Houston but here in Lufkin an Oscar will do great in pond in the summer. I have to take almost all my pond fish in when temp gets cooler.

Comment

I put some huge koi in the same tank. Lost one dojo loach, a couple goldfish, and apparently they ate the Oscar. He's just plain missing. No body?
          135 gal Fahaka Puffer

Comment

A large enough koi will eat just about anything.

They are prejudice when it comes to a meal.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I would say No don't put the oscar in the pond. The koi will leave him in the 90g tonight for you to clean...
              Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Working...
              X