54g corner build lighting question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 54g corner build lighting question

Ok peeps. I have spent the last week in the awful heat to build a stand and canopy for my 54g corner tank. My question deals with lighting. I have placed a 250 watt DE and 150 watt DE pendants in the canopy for a total of 400 WATTS!! Yes this is going to be a mostly SPS tank. In order to deal with heating issues I built the canopy legs so that the lights will be 24" from the water surface. Is this distance from light to water going to be to far? I have attached a pict of the build Please express your opinions please
    thanks in advance
    Joe
    My fish has no eye, he is called "fsh"

No advice? I suppose I stumbled into an ignorance abbyss or maybe I posted on the wrong thread. Does anyone remember the Franco American Brand of Mac n cheese in a can? It had long thick noodles and a white sauce. maybe someone can answer that.

Comment

maybe some fans in the top just in case
      Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

wow you waited a whole 20 minutes during a period of time when many people are commuting home to get all sassy about no answer huh, lol.
        75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
        28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
        12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
        29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
        45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
        33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

Originally posted by Totenkampf View Post
          wow you waited a whole 20 minutes during a period of time when many people are commuting home to get all sassy about no answer huh, lol.
          I posted that 24hrs ago smart a$$. LOL. I am sure my question was dealing with aquariums not trolls. Great forum.

Comment

lol, doh. well IF you had posted today then you would be acting like an impatient arse. making an "ignorance abbyss" comment while misspelling abyss and then calling me a smart arse while you are being one is kinda funny. good luck with your tank thingie.
            75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
            28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
            12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
            29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
            45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
            33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

Originally posted by Totenkampf View Post
              lol, doh. well IF you had posted today then you would be acting like an impatient arse. making an "ignorance abbyss" comment while misspelling abyss and then calling me a smart arse while you are being one is kinda funny. good luck with your tank thingie.
              The misspell on abbyss was intentional. As was my intent on getting some feed back on the lighting in my canopy. I suppose trolling is to be expected. I wonder what kind of setup is needed for a troll. Maybe a 300 gallon all glass aquarium. What do you think? I dont think the protien skimmer would be effective. I am sure trolls produce a surplus of waste products. Like time. Both kairos and chronos.

Comment

I said maybe some fans in the top to help keep things cool :(
                Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by sunkenmetal View Post
                  I said maybe some fans in the top to help keep things cool :(
                  Thanks for the advice. I am going to put some 5 inch clamp on fans, that you get from wally world, on the canopy housing. I figured two should do it. I will have them wired in with the lights on the timer so they power up at the same time and shut down accordingly.

Comment

First time I've seen the post I think that may be a lil to high though in not to sure I would lower them and throw some fans in the canopy to help with the heat set up is looking good though

Comment

Originally posted by johnnymisty View Post
                      First time I've seen the post I think that may be a lil to high though in not to sure I would lower them and throw some fans in the canopy to help with the heat set up is looking good though
                      I suppose I will have to wait and see. Thanks for the lights btw. You still have that other hamilton pendant?

Comment

Sure do

Comment

Originally posted by Bakapuma View Post
                          Thanks for the advice. I am going to put some 5 inch clamp on fans, that you get from wally world, on the canopy housing. I figured two should do it. I will have them wired in with the lights on the timer so they power up at the same time and shut down accordingly.
                          Sounds like a plan...
                          Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

Working...
                          X