Territorial bristle nose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Territorial bristle nose?

I just moved my oldest bristle nose (Big Daddy) into my 10 gal with my other two bristles noses and lone surviving danio. Almost immediately, BD and one of the other bristle noses started flaring, circling, and butting into each other with their gill spines. I didn't know bristle noses could be territorial. I never had a problem with the other two doing this, but they've never been in a tank without other bristle noses - BD has been in a tank with just himself and some cory cats for the past few months. Is this something that should die down after they establish a pecking order?
    - 7 neon tetra

10g:
    - 1 long-finned zebra danio
    - 3 black bristle nose pl*cos

10 gal is way to small for 3 ,and l is the ratio is 2m 1f is trouble right there plecos are territorial when they defend their space

how big they are?
    125 gal-P. Kachase,simochromis, vampire pleco,bn pleco,bulldog pleco

55 gal- Ilangis ,clown pleco,abn pleco,rubber lip pleco

55 gal-Canary cheek,Ikola,duboisi, and fry

10 gal -fry tank,snails

Comment

Agreed, they can get quite stout. I generally recommend a single for a 10 gallon and even that is a small space for a full sized adult. If you have two males they can get quire viscious if its a territorial issue and could lead to some damage on the loser. Breaking up line of sight can help, but once the other pair was settled in you can try moving the hardscape around to disoriemt them all and allow everyone to settle a bit. Try leaving the lights on to keep them a bit calmer as well.
      In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
      Desiderius Erasmus
      GHAC President

Comment

Working...
      X