74 gallon 36x30x16 lighting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 74 gallon 36x30x16 lighting?

I am in coming possession of a odd dimensioned tank but, either way it's exactly what i want (except it not being predrilled) hoping it's not tempered glass so I can get it drilled and use the glass holes kits. Anyways my main question is going to be what can I use for light this thing? mostly LPS and a few softies and sps. 150 watt mh with t5 or led supplementation sound right or would I even need the supplement because of it being 150watt? also (not a technical question) anyone think it would be cruel to put a kole tank in this tank? been wanting one for a good long while and figured it being 30" wide it wouldn't make much of a difference with the extra area.

Ill drill them holes for ya
    Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by sunkenmetal View Post
      Ill drill them holes for ya
      no charge?

Comment

Originally posted by ometh View Post
        no charge?
        hmmm how many holes and what size...?
        Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

Craigslist find. Saw it this morning. 30" wide or 36". Whichever way you decide to set it up.

Comment

Originally posted by dead wait View Post
            Craigslist find. Saw it this morning. 30" wide or 36". Whichever way you decide to set it up.
            yep about to go pick it up in a lil bit. I'm stuck on the size of holes I should get. I don't want bottom drill because it feels like I have to cover it with rocks so I'm just getting the glass holes over flow and return kit.

Comment

and i'm still wondering what size lighting I should get. 36" 4 bulb or 6 bulb?

Comment

Working...
              X