No announcement yet.

Anyone have any success with halfbeaks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have any success with halfbeaks?

Right now I have celebe's in my 75, and blue-spots in my 30. The celebes have been there for a while and are doing well. I'm watching them grow and hopefully will have some babies out of it. They keep up quite well with my large mollies, knight gobies, and orange chromides.

I ran across blue-spot halfbeaks and had to try them. They were skinny when I got them, but are now getting fatter and more colorful. If they breed, hazzah!, but I won't be torn either way.

I was wondering if anyone else had had success with these or other species of halfbeaks. This group is probably one of the least-discussed amongst the live bearers.
    75 planted (Being Renovated)
    Endlers
    gobies
    lots of nanos

I had a few but didn't keep them long enough to breed them, there are some at Houston Aquatics that look pretty cool but not sure of what.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

That's gonna be interesting. I knew some one who kept them for over a year without sucsess in breeding. I think he didn't have ample space (29 gallon). You'll probably have better luck in the 75 gallon. Keep us updated.
      Emerald Green Rainbowfish
      Yellow Rabbit Snails

Comment

I have a pair of Celebes that are eating well in a planted tank, no offspring yet but they really need a bit larger tank.
        In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
        Desiderius Erasmus
        GHAC President

Comment

Working...
        X