Via volt grow light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Via volt grow light?

http://homedepot.digby.com/homedepot/product/detail.do?itemId=203288964&categoryId=&path=

Anyone use this or heard anything before? I was looking for t5 tombstones and I saw this online. Maybe change the reflectors?

i have looked into buying grolights before, the reflectors are often not so great and cant easily be upgraded. i have seen a couple that had individual german polished reflectors for maybe only 50 bucks more plus come with 6500k lamps. there were some like that on ebay no long ago but i think i would want to go pull one out of a box to check it out before i buy.
    75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
    28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
    12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
    29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
    45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
    33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

Yeah you can try it but I would pay the little extra and be sure and get a Tek or something else. You want it to have individual reflectors and it doesnt say whether it does or not and based on what they are selling it for I am going to assume that it doesnt or that they arent great.
      Resident fish bum
      330G FOWLR
      34G Reef
      330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
      28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
      Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Originally posted by Darbex View Post
        Yeah you can try it but I would pay the little extra and be sure and get a Tek or something else. You want it to have individual reflectors and it doesnt say whether it does or not and based on what they are selling it for I am going to assume that it doesnt or that they arent great.
        yea I was trying to look around online and see if they do have individuals but, from pictures ive seen it doesn't so i'm going against it. I just figured it might be a cheap alternative for my future set up.

Comment

All I can say is do it right. If you want cheap looking for a used equipment but dont go cheap on a new equipment you are only asking to spend more money later replacing it because it doesnt work or it craps out on you.
          Resident fish bum
          330G FOWLR
          34G Reef
          330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
          28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
          Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Working...
          X