Digital P&S Cams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital P&S Cams?

Looking to get a digital point and shoot camera for taking pics of fish and pretty much everything (outdoor/indoor). Any recommendations or tips for picking out a good/decent camera? Was looking around and the Panasonic TS4 is hard to pass up. HD video is a must!

The real question is how much you want to spend?
    I ate my fish that died.

Comment

400-500 is the limit

Comment

Not to hate....bc I love me a good P&S. I love them so much I have 3!

But if you want to drop 400-500....used DSLR and a kit lens would punk a P&S. Assuming you don't mind having a camera that can't fit in your pocket.
        I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Originally posted by myjohnson View Post
          Not to hate....bc I love me a good P&S. I love them so much I have 3!

But if you want to drop 400-500....used DSLR and a kit lens would punk a P&S. Assuming you don't mind having a camera that can't fit in your pocket.
          Was thinking about getting a DSLR +lens kit too but I don't wanna lug around a cam so I'm getting a P&S

Comment

There's the new A series canon P&S....pretty beast quality. I wouldn't spend more than 200 for one though
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

+1!

No point in spending anymore on a P&S.

Plus, in a years time it will basically be worthless and you couldn't give it away.
              I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Came up with a list of possible candidates. Which would be the best for the price?

Comment

I hate canon...so i vote to go with the Sony.

J/k, but the Sony do look the best.
                  I ate my fish that died.

Comment

I like how the Sony looks too. Does all that technical stuff really make a difference between the 4?

Comment

Loll, nahhh it don't.
                      I ate my fish that died.

Comment

The ELPHs are 1080p vid and the other two are 720p. Doesn't that make a big diff?

Comment

Can't go wrong with a Sony P&S... up until I started with DSLR I used Sony point and shoot cameras.

I have a Nikon D40 I can sell ya but it doesn't do video...
                          Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

I would recommend an Olympus E-PL1. You can get them new with the 14-42 lens for around $250 on Amazon. The image quality will rival those of DSLRs and they are highly portable. The image quality will beat ANY and I mean ANY point and shoot available (even the GX1). I bought one when it just came out and have been very impressed with it. I actully like it so much, I bought 2 of them because I use it for diving in its optional diving case. If you want sample images or to compare it with myother cameras, let me know and I can post some comparisons.

I wold avoid the newer E-PL2 and E-PL3 beauces they used the exact same sensor, in just smaller newer bodies, but much more expensive without improved image quality.

Comment

I got my wife the Canon Powershot S100. The pictures come out really nice and when I was researching - it was one of the top rated P&S cameras.
                              300g - Petrochromis Texas "Red Fin" Longola, Petrochromis Red Bulu, Tropheus Red Rainbow Kansanga.

Comment

Working...
                              X