Wild Caught Chocolate Gourami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild Caught Chocolate Gourami

This is a photo of one of the WC Chocolate Gourami in my son's tank. It is a younger male not fully grown yet. He is one of only two males in the tank full of females.

Nice fish Dan. What kind of camera are you using?

So many types of fish that I want. If I could I would have so many tanks lol
    Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

The camera is a Nikon D300 the wife got me for my birthday back in '09. Shot raw using the Tek lights above tank, no overhead flash used. It was just a quick shot my son asked me to take of the fish for his project.
      1/50
      f5.6
      ISO 1000

It could have been a lot better had I used a setting like ISO 200 f/11 but I didn't check the settings before shooting, rookie mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        The camera is a Nikon D300 the wife got me for my birthday back in '09. Shot raw using the Tek lights above tank, no overhead flash used. It was just a quick shot my son asked me to take of the fish for his project.
        1/50
        f5.6
        ISO 1000

It could have been a lot better had I used a setting like ISO 200 f/11 but I didn't check the settings before shooting, rookie mistake.
        It happens lol
        Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

Forgot to mention the lens used came with the camera as a package when she purchased it. This is the lens I used.

Comment

I love VR lenses I wish all mine were VR.
            Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

Truth be told I still don't know how to operate the camera correctly yet. The Nikon D300 was my first DSLR ever. Before that I didn't own a camera so when I got it I was stumped. I didn't know anyone who owned a DSLR so the internet was my source of information. I wish there's a class I could attend to learn how to use it properly.

One thing I did learn is lighting makes all the the difference in the world between an alright shot and an incredible shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                Truth be told I still don't know how to operate the camera correctly yet. The Nikon D300 was my first DSLR ever. Before that I didn't own a camera so when I got it I was stumped. I didn't know anyone who owned a DSLR so the internet was my source of information. I wish there's a class I could attend to learn how to use it properly.

One thing I did learn is lighting makes all the the difference in the world between an alright shot and an incredible shot.
                well their are a ton of people on HFB who know alot about cameras. Just ask and they will help you out...
                Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

The picture looks great and nice fish too. I have prob's. taking pictures with My wifes I-pad...Some of us were just not ment to take great pictures...
                  Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Originally posted by troy tucker View Post
                    The picture looks great and nice fish too. I have prob's. taking pictures with My wifes I-pad...Some of us were just not ment to take great pictures...
                    I pad takes pictures lol ?
                    Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by sunkenmetal View Post
                      well their are a ton of people on HFB who know alot about cameras. Just ask and they will help you out...
                      I would really hate to become the resident pain in the a@@. I really dislike bothering anyone.

Thanks, every once in a while I get lucky. I got my wife an iPad 3 as an early Mother's Day Gift and it takes really nice photos. I don't know which iPad you have but with the iPad 3 all you have to do is touch wherever you want the camera to focus and it automatically auto focuses on what you touched.

Originally posted by sunkenmetal View Post
                      I pad takes pictures lol ?
                      Here is a photo I just took with the iPad 3:

Comment

Nah you wouldn't be a pain these guys like to show off how smart they are lol...

whats an Ipad
                        Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

nice pic!
                          Live a good life and in the end,
                          it's not the years in a life,
                          it's the life in the years.

Comment

Hers is the I-pad II. it takes pretty good pictures. But I'm still learning about it. you would think touch and shoot would be easy.
                            Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

you would think touch and shoot would be easy.
                              That's hilarious! I hardly ever touch her iPad unless I have to. I honestly don't care for them however she loves it. Hey, you know the old saying, "A happy wife is a happy life"... I'm just saying.

Comment

Working...
                              X