X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying Macro

DSC_0608.jpg

DSC_0571.jpg

Just purchased a 40mm af-s f2.8. Trying my hand at macro. Callochromis stappersi and Spathodus erythrodon (I think). I'll post more later.
    DEF

It's lookin good. You can see the teeth on the latter one... nice detail.
    All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

Good start.

Need more light brahhhh.
      I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Originally posted by myjohnson View Post
        Good start.

Need more light brahhhh.
        Yeah. Apparently Sunny's pics of my geos didn't turn out cuz I didn't have enough light in the tank. I'd been meaning to get 3 more stunner strips but FG ran out of 2 of the kinds I wanted.
        All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

Thanks to both of y'all! The goby was way at the bottom of the tank, so it's darker down there. I'm having a hard time focusing unless the fish is completely perpendicular. This is some type of brevis, see if the lighting looks better. DSC_0564.jpg

Comment

Still need more light. You want to freeze the fishes motion with high shutter speed.

You also want more if the picture in focus so you need to shoot at a higher f#.
            I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Gotcha. This was with two t5s on. It's a four bulb fixture, so I'll try when all bulbs are on. Thanks for the advise man. Photography is very hard:) DEF

Comment

There you go Doug! I busted out the macro yesterday too. Got some really nice shots of my parrot and gold nugget pkeco. I'll post them when I load them up.

Comment

Doug, looking good, but I think Thai hit it right on the head. Apparently, bright lighting does result in sharper images. Who knew? Not me

Originally posted by aquabee View Post
                  Yeah. Apparently Sunny's pics of my geos didn't turn out cuz I didn't have enough light in the tank. I'd been meaning to get 3 more stunner strips but FG ran out of 2 of the kinds I wanted.
                  Plus, I don't have enough flash power yet either. Won't be too long before I do though
                  http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

I was thinking about buying this lens...
                    Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

looking good, one day i will have a nice camera
                      175 tropheus Chaitika
                      125 tropheus Ujiji
                      90 tropheus Nkonde

Comment

Lol, if you get a camera just for fishes, then you know you have a problem.
                        I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Trying Macro

For the money that 40mm AFS macro is very nice lens. Any macro is going to need lots of light. I use a SB-700 and two SB-R200 flashes with my macro on my Nikon setup.

Originally posted by myjohnson View Post
                          Lol, if you get a camera just for fishes, then you know you have a problem.
                          Hey now, I bought a Canon 60D, Canon 65mm MP-E and Canon MR-14EX *only* for shooting bugs lol

Comment

Working...
                          X