My First Reef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Reef

I'm a little limited as I'm in college and am living the dorm life! Feedback greatly appreciated!

My current Setup:

Finnex Pico 4G Tank
    Finnex PX-360 Canister
    Finnex "Epoch" Light
    Hydor Theo 50 Watt

Currently I have stocked an Emerald Crab, some Hermits and a Damsel.

Looks like you're off to a good start!
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Love the bristle worm shot! Looks good!

Comment

Looks good. Just need to start getting some zoas in there. I probably would do an HOB than a canister.
        Resident fish bum
        330G FOWLR
        34G Reef
        330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
        28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
        Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

I'd love to get some zoas in. Parents live in cypress, so if anyone local wants to part with some, hit me up!

Comment

Semper has some and stays in or near cypress and has some good zoas and other corals

Comment

Well, almost 4 months later and here we are!

Last edited by Aneisch; 06-17-2012, 02:38 AM.

Comment

looks good... thanks for the update
                Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

If youre into the DIY and not rage against it. Get a aquaclear fuge. It's honestly personal taste. Someone people swear by them some hate the living hell out of them but I honestly wouldn't do a pico without one.

Comment

Then again why fix something that is t broken? You're tank looks good so I'm just throwing in what I've done and what has worked for me

Comment

Damn, there's some stuff growing in there! Awesome update. Thanks
                      http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Originally posted by ometh View Post
                        Then again why fix something that is t broken? You're tank looks good so I'm just throwing in what I've done and what has worked for me
                        +1 If it ain't broke don't fix it
                        Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by ometh View Post
                          If youre into the DIY and not rage against it. Get a aquaclear fuge. It's honestly personal taste. Someone people swear by them some hate the living hell out of them but I honestly wouldn't do a pico without one.
                          I love new projects, but pardon me, I'm not sure I see the purpose. My newbish ignorance might be showing..

Comment

Looks good...

Comment

The purpose of the aquafuge is to be a small refugium on a pico tank to add more volume, extra filtration, micro fauna(ie copeopods ect) and it'll help with stability in chemistry as well because you can add other things to the fuge if properly modded aside cheato. I've seen people make lil racks and put puigen, chemipure and other things plus the cheato but again if your tank is doing fine for right now and it's perfect I wouldn't mess with it. The fuge is just extra reassurance that some people like to have. FYI all the aquafuge is a aquaclear filter modded to be a refugium

Comment

Working...
                              X