cheato algea growing with no lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheato algea growing with no lights?

so i have a 10 gallon full of cheato just growing like crazy but, heres the thing. this tank is just a rock curing tank and I just threw in some cheato I didn't need it. crazy as it seems it started to grow and now it's almost a football size wad with no light!? (my room is always dark except for the 3 tanks but, the cure tank is far from them to even receive light) Has anyone ever experienced this or am i just doing something crazy that just works? lol
    Last edited by ometh; 01-15-2012, 09:08 PM.

It might be just absorbing nutrients for the time being then eventually will stop growing which will in turn stop absorbing nutrients.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

could be a possibility but, this has been going on for a lil over 6 months now lol

Comment

Maybe its drawing some sort of light somewhere? If not turn that thing into a macro algae display tank!
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
          Maybe its drawing some sort of light somewhere? If not turn that thing into a macro algae display tank!
          I'd like to know where from. it's puzzling me and thats a sick idea! Hmmmm should I go invert, dwarf sea horse or some kind of small fish for livestock. O.o

Comment

I bought from a guy in florida, ill look him up when I get home.

Either that or just dig through the cheato tanks at the lfs to find them, fish gallery use to carry some on ocassion too.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

be cool have an cheato algae tank with dwarf sea horses only thing is that I have to keep flow going mildy so no cyano starts going.

Comment

Is the tank near a window?
                Resident fish bum
                330G FOWLR
                34G Reef
                330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
                28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
                Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

nope. no where near one. my curtains are always closed so that rules that out completely. only thing I can think of is that it's drawing what light it can from the other tanks. which is barely anything :P lol

Comment

Working...
                  X