can i run a emp 400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can i run a emp 400

I want a snowflake eel...I. hear you can run a emp 400 as a marine filter...is this true??
    210 gallon ~ S/A, C/A build; jaguar, dovii, flowerhorn, gold doviI, 2 red devils, pacu, shovel nose cat
    125 gallon long ~ African cichlids
    10 gallon ~ ghost shrimp breeding (fish treats) haha

Any filter would work for sw or fw.

Filters don't discriminate. LoL!. What size tank is it though and how much live rock do you plan to use?

I've had snowflakes before with just lots of LR and a powerhead for circulation, no actual bio/mech filtration otherwise.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Id put him either in a standard 55 or a custom 55 that's 3 feet long and 24 inches tall and 18 deep...and prolly not much live rock
      210 gallon ~ S/A, C/A build; jaguar, dovii, flowerhorn, gold doviI, 2 red devils, pacu, shovel nose cat

Comment

the more live rock the better the biological filtration since FOWLR is really what that is, bio-filtration dependent on the LR to sustain beneficial bacteria. In that size tank I would try to do at least 1lb/1g and the emp filter would work fine for mechanical filtration and add a powerhead for circulation.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Emperor 400 is marine capable

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
            the more live rock the better the biological filtration since FOWLR is really what that is, bio-filtration dependent on the LR to sustain beneficial bacteria. In that size tank I would try to do at least 1lb/1g and the emp filter would work fine for mechanical filtration and add a powerhead for circulation.

Really?? I thought salt water was difficult -__- time to pic up my snowflake!!!

Comment

Not really, FOWLR is cake, even high tech reef isn't that hard compared to done planted tank I've done
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Yeahhh not a fan of plants lol...but don't I have to keep my salinity and pH damn near perfect?

Comment

It's not that hard and with fowlr it's less crucial. Just make sure you to off with good fw and only replace the saltwater you actually remove during water changes
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Get a good refractometer"and you're set
                    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

From what I've heard snowflakes like to carpet surf. An Emperor 400 will would but how are you gonna keep the eel from trying to jump out?

Comment

Back from the dead?

Tank up and running Trung?
                        I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Not yet, still unpacking to the new place. Thinking about getting d2minis tank..... Too many toys this month. Just bought new headphones and new speakers.

I'm prob gonna do a brs group buy soon.

Comment

Working...
                          X