• Show
Clear All

• Sony NEX-5 Shots

got to borrow my buddies camera...

240 and 35 Cichlid tanks

Wonderful shots!! Thanks for sharing!
    All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

awesome fish! everything looks great, but i would lose the plastic plants.
      25g - Reef
      3.5g - Surge Tank
      10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

One of these has made it to the POTM hasn't it. I really like the one of the clown loaches. Awesome shots. Hope to see them in the contest.

---
        I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=29.532018,-95.157809
        ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Wow, so beautiful! I love your fish! I love your tank! I want it! Please deliver it to my house!

Seriously, you're making me really want a larger cichlid tank. What are the dimensions of that tank? Do you have any idea how many fish you have in it? It's really stunning!
          Vicki

• 90g Planted - Journal - New Pics Mar23
          • 75g Planted - Journal (on PT)
          • 29g Planted - Journal
          • 29g Planted
          • 5g Planted RCS

Comment

Originally posted by Complexity View Post
            Wow, so beautiful! I love your fish! I love your tank! I want it! Please deliver it to my house!

Seriously, you're making me really want a larger cichlid tank. What are the dimensions of that tank? Do you have any idea how many fish you have in it? It's really stunning!
            Thank you everyone!!! I have not made any changes to my tank except the greenery. Im happy with the lighting and everything, finally. And the plans is just to give a little more life because they wave around with the current.

And its time for a 400 gallon plus....this tank is looking smaller and smaller the more i look at it....its 24x24x95 inches....and its glass...Tank itself starts 32inches off the ground.

As for how many i have....hmmmmm...probably like 50ish i would say....I want to thin it out but its so hard to get rid of any kids. And knowing ive driven all over houston and even brought fish from Lousiana, its just hard.

I have no water problems and females are always holding. Im now just doing 50% water changes once a month and the tank really has been really easy maintenance.
            240 and 35 Cichlid tanks

Comment

I have to give it to you, It is a very well maintained aquarium with beautifully health fish. I wouldnt get rid of any of them, Get the 400 and transfer them all over. But it you do deceide to thin out the group i'd like to call first dibs on them. My 300 will need some more inhabitants once it's up and going.
              ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Wow, an 8 footer. No wonder it's so spectacular! Simply gorgeous tank!

It looks like more than 50ish fish in the tank. I have just over 40 in my 90g tank, and your tank looks every bit as dense with fish as mine, if not more so. I bet you have at least 70 to 80 fish in there when you include the females, loaches, and all.

I've wondered about water changes for big tanks. If you're able to do water changes just once a month, that means I'm having to change out more water in my 90g each month than you are (4x45g=180g for me vs. 1x120g=120g for you). That's nice to know. Sounds like you have things in really good balance. What filtration are you using on the tank?

Something else I noticed. In your second picture, it looks like the entire canopy is lifted up off of the tank and is hanging overhead. I have never seen this before. How did you do that? Is it suspended from the ceiling somehow or are you using some kind of support from the tank? I love the idea. You get the canopy for normal use, but can lift it out of the way for maintenance, giving you full access to the tank while still being able to use the tank's lighting to see what you're doing.
                Vicki

• 29g Planted - Journal
                • 29g Planted
                • 5g Planted RCS

Comment

Found your build thread. Really nice!

Vicki

• 29g Planted - Journal
                  • 29g Planted
                  • 5g Planted RCS

Comment

Eric, great photos of a great setup! Glad to see the acei you got from me are doing very well. Kudos to you.
                    http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

NICE, I had no idea the acei went into that tank!! They must be overjoyed!
                      All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

Working...
                      X