Potm sos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potm sos

Ok I know we all enjoy taking pictures of our aquariums and fish......SO WHY AREN'T ANY OF YOU POSTING FOR THE POTM. I sent in mine. If it doesn't pick up it will be discontinued. I'm not in it for the gift card. Recognition for a great photo is more than enough for me. It doesn't matter wether your an beginner in photography or a professional, send it in, you way win. Come on guys, let's get this back on track so it doesn't get shut down.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=29.531933,-95.157959
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Who do we send the pics to?
    Out of the hobby for now..

Comment

I'll send in a pic just for the grins of doing it. I have an extremely old camera and don't claim any photography skills so that should make me perfectly qualified!
      Vicki

• 90g Planted - Journal - New Pics Mar23
      • 75g Planted - Journal (on PT)
      • 29g Planted - Journal
      • 29g Planted
      • 5g Planted RCS

Comment

This is a direct copy from the POTM Forum:

**New Important Information**

Starting with the February 2011 POTM contest, I will no longer be posting less than 10 photos for voting. If I don't have enough submissions by the deadline, there won't be a contest for the month and the submitted photos will be held for the next month.

- Submit 1 photo per contest.

- Member must be in good standing to participate.

- All photos posted must be the work of the member posting.

- Non-winning photos can be resubmitted after 3 months.

- A winning photo can not be resubmitted.

- Photo must be fish hobby related (fish, plants, invertebrates, tanks, etc). Photos that are not aquatic-related will be discarded.

- Photo must be a minimum of 640 x 480 pixels. Higher resolutions are preferred.

- Accepted file extensions - .jpg, .jpeg, .png

- Photo must not have copyright, or any other identifying mark.

- Photo must not be drastically manipulated. Cropping, resizing, and color adjustments are acceptable as long as the photo is not distorted or looks unnatural.

When? Where? How?

Submit your photos via email to hfbpotm@houstonfishbox.com

You must include, "POTM - <Your HFB Member Name>" in the e-mail subject line.

- Please make sure all requirements are met before sending your photo.

- Please make sure you have included your member name in the e-mail. If I don't know who's photo it is, it will not be submitted in the contest.

- Photo must be included in the email as an attachment. Do not send a link to the photo.

POTM Schedule:

Submit your photos at any time. The first 10* photos submitted before 10:00pm CMT on the last day of the month will be placed in the current contest. Additional photos, and photos received after the deadline will be held over for the next month.

* Subject to change dependent on popularity.

Voting begins on the first day of the month. Submitted photos will be posted at this time for viewing and voting. I will announce that voting has opened and provide a link to the submitted photos at that time. Photos will be available for viewing and voting for the first 3 weeks of the month. In the case of a tie, voting will be extended for an additional week.

Owners of the photos will remain anonymous until voting is closed. Please do not reveal which photo is yours. We want this to be about the best photo, not the best campaigning skills.

The winning photo will be announced on the 22th of each month (or the 29nd in case of a tie) and displayed on the front page of HoustonFishBox.com for a full month.

We must have at least 3 photos for the POTM voting to occur.

Legal Stuff

By submitting your photos to HoustonFishbox.com at hfbpotm@houstonfishbox.com, you agree to allow HoustonFishBox to use your photos to promote HoustonfishBox.com. The photograph will NOT be used outside of HoustonFishBox.

**All rules and guidelines are subject to change.**
        ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Mine has been submitted for a while. Hope more ppl can and will submit.
          http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Thanks for the update bro and the submission! Im working on somthing to try and make this much more predominate.
            ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Perhaps it should be a quarterly competition?
              120g - Tropheus Moorii Kambwimba
              180g - Petrochromis Macrognathus Dine/Tropheus Moorii Namansi I

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains"....Winston Churchill

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm"....Winston Churchill

Comment

That is something that may have to be considered if the enthusiasm for it doesn't pick up, hopefully it doesn't come to that.
                ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Just checked the voting polls and it appears that therehave only been 8-9 votes placed, I know there’s more of you out there. Pleasetake 5 minutes, to view the photos we have and give some recognition to thosewho have submitted their pictures.
                  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

All the pictures in this section, but I have to ask, how many of you have submitted for the POTM. There are awesome pictures here, please submit them for the contest.

---
                    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=29.253641,-95.211016
                    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

how's next month POTM shaping up? are we getting alot of entries?
                      25g - Reef
                      3.5g - Surge Tank
                      10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

We have 10 for the next contest (january). Pics will be posted later on in the month. It has been decided that we really don't need a month of time to vote so were gonna cut that down to about 2 weeks roughly. But, just because we have 10 for this month doesn't mean for everybody to wait to send in there next pictures, please get them in now so were not worrying about a crunched deadline.
                        ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Working...
                        X