Buddy the Fahaka Puffer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buddy the Fahaka Puffer

This is my wife and duaghters Fahaka puffer. He's about 7", very friendly, and we've had him/her for about 2 months now. I like him because it's not everyday you see one in a home aquarium and his eyes are just awesome!!!

IMG_1002.jpgIMG_1003.jpgIMG_1004.jpgIMG_1020.jpgIMG_1022.jpgIMG_1057.jpgIMG_1062.jpgIMG_1069.jpgIMG_1071.jpgIMG_1078.jpgIMG_1079.jpgIMG_1080.jpgIMG_1081.jpgIMG_1083.jpgIMG_1085.jpgIMG_1094.jpgIMG_1096.jpgIMG_1097.jpgIMG_1124.jpgIMG_1127.jpgIMG_1128.jpgIMG_1134.jpgIMG_1135.jpgIMG_1147.jpgIMG_1148.jpgIMG_1156.jpgIMG_1157.jpgIMG_1159.jpgIMG_1160.jpgIMG_1172.jpgIMG_1173.jpgIMG_1262.jpgIMG_1302.jpg

This is a picture of his current home:
    IMG_1438.jpg

And this is where he'll be moving Sunday or sometime next week:

IMG_1450.jpg
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Pretty puffer!
    Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Thank you very much.
      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Nice!
        20g mixed reef

Comment

Nice lineatus
          mmm...pancakes

Comment

Nice barret...
            Out of the hobby for now..

Comment

Thanks everybody! If you can't tell he's kinda vain. He lives for taking pictures.

---
              I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=29.531948,-95.157972
              ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

I swear, he's just smiling his fool head off in those pictures! He's one happy puffer! And he's about to be even happier once he gets his new home!
                Vicki

• 90g Planted - Journal - New Pics Mar23
                • 75g Planted - Journal (on PT)
                • 29g Planted - Journal
                • 29g Planted
                • 5g Planted RCS

Comment

Originally posted by Complexity View Post
                  I swear, he's just smiling his fool head off in those pictures! He's one happy puffer! And he's about to be even happier once he gets his new home!
                  Oh he's a huge goof ball. Follows my daughter like a puppy. I hope he likes his new home. He's gonna have allot more room to spread out and swim.

---
                  I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=29.531996,-95.157765
                  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Well, of course he's going to love his new home! He has more room to swim in and a new decor to explore. It's like giving new toys to a dog or cat. I've never had a puffer, but from what I understand, they are very intelligent and highly curious creatures. It'll be an adventure to explore his new place when he gets it!
                    Vicki

• 29g Planted - Journal
                    • 29g Planted
                    • 5g Planted RCS

Comment

Well that could start tomorrow. I just haven't decided if I want to move him just yet. Cant have anything go wrong with him. I'd never hear the end of it, and would have to immediately go buy another!

---
                      I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=29.531960,-95.157768
                      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

And you know even if you buy another, it won't be the same. So you'd lose again.

I'm sure he'll do great when you move him no matter when you do it.
                        Vicki

• 29g Planted - Journal
                        • 29g Planted
                        • 5g Planted RCS

Comment

Originally posted by Complexity View Post
                          And you know even if you buy another, it won't be the same. So you'd lose again.

I'm sure he'll do great when you move him no matter when you do it.
                          Nope there's only one goof ball like him!

---
                          I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=29.531963,-95.157727
                          ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Buddy looks great, what a handsome fella. Great pictures, too. Yours has the same sort of pink tone in his stripes that had me worried about mine. She's about the same size as yours when pictured here. Is that fleshtone in the stripes a juvenile thing, do you think?
                            "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

From what I have seen its more based on mood. When happy and content, he/she is always a lighter color until the lights go out then the lines turn black and look really cool. When he/she is really upset, color goes to absolute cr@p. blotchy, dull, and won't come out from under the sand. Very interesting fish, just wish I had let it in my 72 gallon, want my 150 for bigger fish, and even as much as I feed this one it's only grown maybe 2" since we've had it. Growth rate on them it funny though, some see an 1" a month, others I have read about, that get fed everyday have only grown 3" in a year. All depends on the fish.
                              ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Working...
                              X