shrimp foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shrimp foods

Have I been gone that long? NLS and Hikari is offering ornamental/dwarf shrimp specific foods now?

Was browsing around and ran across this site that offers the Hikari, NLS and Fluval shrimp food.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

I know that fluval came out with their shrimp line products including their shrimp tanks stratum and food and I know that hikari has made shrimp food for quite a while I think but I didn't know that nls made shrimp food.

Comment

The hikari was probably not as exciting and the fluval I'm not too thrilled about either but the NLS is the mind blowing one since they never seemed to be out to chase trendy things.
      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

ive never tried NLS, but the hikari one my shrimp arent too wild about, theyll eat it, but they wont swarm it.
        the fluval food, my cherries used to swarm it, but not so much anymore.

Comment

It'll be interesting to get a hold of some of that NLS to see what's it about.
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

I have looked around for the nls food but havent seen any locally. Ive just been feeding my shrimp tetracolor and sinking algae wafers they love both...
            Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

Yeah I've always just used whatever food I had on hand which was normally a bucket of NLS chichlid formula H2O wafers or thera+a.

I want to order some of this shrimp food but all I have are snails right now so I'd be better off getting H20 wafers
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

well im getting a bunch of different types of food from shrimplab (nikki on tpt) so we'll see how that goes, everyone says that their shrimp go crazy for it.

also the first time i put in mosura specialty CRS food, every shrimp in my tank dogpiled on it, now they dont do it anymore, idk if they got sick of it or somthing lol

Comment

I feed my RCS exclusively Shirakura shrimp food. The shrimp literally go running to the stuff when I put it in the tank and then fight over it until it's gone. They thrive with this food. I have found nothing to be even close to this stuff.

Shirakura - 'Ebi Dama' Supplementary feed for shrimps and crayfish is a herbal product. It is high in amino acids, natural vitamins and minerals, for health, growth, colourfulness and good reproduction of the animals.

It's made in Japan, but you can get it on ebay or from different sources selling it on other forums. Just one package lasts forever.

Edited: I found their North America website: http://www.shirakura-shop.com/

This is the Basic Feed which is what I use: http://www.shirakura-shop.com/produc...ed-for-shrimp/

Lots of options to get it on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=....c0.m270.l1313
                  Last edited by Complexity; 11-05-2011, 11:14 AM.
                  Vicki

• 90g Planted - Journal - New Pics Mar23
                  • 75g Planted - Journal (on PT)
                  • 29g Planted - Journal
                  • 29g Planted
                  • 5g Planted RCS

Comment

Working...
                  X