GHAC Group Buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GHAC Group Buy

I thought it would be fun to try to get in some stuff that we don't see at the LFS in Houston. We discussed this a bit at the last GHAC meeting and those in attendance seemed pretty receptive. Attention shifted to plecos pretty quickly. I mentioned Adonis plecos at the meeting. With Halloween coming up, I though about Vampire plecos. If there is something that you are interested in (pleco or otherwise), post it up here. We'll see if we can get a group buy . . . or arrange through a LFS!
    Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Well I missed the meeting, but I would definitely be interested in bringing in some cool things the LFS don't carry.

Personally I've been wanting to get some Zebra Otos.
    30Long: L134 Leopard Frog Plecos X16, Corydoras Sterbai X9, Endlers X4

Small ADA nano (~8gal): ... BKK or OEBT breeding tank in the works!

75g Craigslist Special: In the works...

Comment

I'm cool with either pleco Tim.
      http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Stiphodons and rhinogobius.

Mark
        What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Originally posted by TexSun View Post
          Well I missed the meeting, but I would definitely be interested in bringing in some cool things the LFS don't carry.

Personally I've been wanting to get some Zebra Otos.
          These look cool and probably never seeing them offered locally adds to the coolness but these guys actually get bigger than the normal ocats and don't work nearly as hard.
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by wesleydnunder View Post
            Stiphodons and rhinogobius.

Mark
            Id be down for a few stophodons!
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Anything cool, not normally or ever available at the LFS due to popularity etc. and to add... something for the nano tanks!
              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Rhinogobius are some cool looking critters from the looks of it.

Comment

But to make it easier on the one organizing it all, dry goods is probably the better route.

Maybe buckets of NLS or if there's much of a discount, Dianichi or other not readily available foods.
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

+1 on the dry goods. I'm down for some NLS or Dainichi myself.

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyHouTX View Post
                      Rhinogobius are some cool looking critters from the looks of it.

+1 but to try and manage a group buy, then receive them without any losses and arranging for everyone to pick up as soon as they arrive is quite the headache unless Tim plans on setting up a new tank for some himself and wouldn't mind housing them all. LoL
                      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyHouTX View Post
                        +1 on the dry goods. I'm down for some NLS or Dainichi myself.
                        I'll set up a group buy for NLS in the next couple days.
                        Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?

Comment

Originally posted by eklikewhoa View Post
                          +1 but to try and manage a group buy, then receive them without any losses and arranging for everyone to pick up as soon as they arrive is quite the headache unless Tim plans on setting up a new tank for some himself and wouldn't mind housing them all. LoL
                          I'm down. I've got an extra tank. We'd have to work out the details... but it should be fine depending on the species.
                          Last edited by armthehomeless; 10-31-2011, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by armthehomeless View Post
                            I'll set up a group buy for NLS in the next couple days.
                            I wasn't paying attention but is this through the same person I used back then for the NLS group buys? Cause he offers dianichi as well.
                            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Originally posted by armthehomeless View Post
                              I'm down. I've got an extra tank. We'd have to out details... but it should be fine depending on the species.
                              What I would give to find a wife as understanding as Fiona...
                              700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                              X