Smallest tank possible (reasonable)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smallest tank possible (reasonable)

I'm getting tired of having 25-30 cardinals in a 20 long and hardly seeing any of them. I've decided to go with multiple nano tanks to display different species of shrimp and nano-critters. I think a 1 gallon is a bit too small, but I'm thinking of setting up 2.5 gallon tanks, with a plant or 2, and maybe 10 shrimp. Bororas micros are defintely in the picture, as well as nano crabs.

Are 2.5's too small?
    75 planted (Being Renovated)
    Endlers
    gobies
    lots of nanos

I think you can certainly do it. . . just be certain that you keep the water chemistry stable. This is the main reason I use 20g+ tanks for shrimp.
    Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

A lot of people have success with 2.5's. I used to say I never wanted a small tank but my 10g is my favorite tank now and I'm about to add a 4g and a 20 long. I know the 4g & 10g tanks are bigger than what you have in mind but like ATH said keep the chemistry stable and its all good

Comment

Originally posted by armthehomeless View Post
        I think you can certainly do it. . . just be certain that you keep the water chemistry stable. This is the main reason I use 20g+ tanks for shrimp.
        Yeah, that was my main concern as well. I find that my problem with maintenance is not so much routine, but more logistically being able to manage. Doing 1/2 gallon changes twice a week seems easier to me than 5 gallons like I was doing with my current 20.

Granted I'll probably have just under 10 when all is said and done, so it will probably be the same...
        75 planted (Being Renovated)
        Endlers
        gobies
        lots of nanos

Comment

Working...
        X