August 27th meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 27th meeting

Our August meeting will be at Star Pizza on the 27th at 1:00 pm. We will plan on having a discussion on benefits and downfalls of low lighting and a plant swap. I will be bringing some Anubias for swap or give aways. Everyone is welcome.

I've got some Nessea triflora...couple or three stems... :)
    Houston Area Aquatic Plant Society
    Also follow us on Facebook and APC

Comment

Sorry guys I may not be able to make this meeting.
      Houston Areas Aquatic Plant Society

Comment

No problem Kevin. Let us know how things are going when you get back (if you won't be here that Saturday).

I've got 3 SAE's I need to rehome. Anyone need them? I can bring them to the meeting.

Comment

I hope to attend it will be my first meeting if anyone has dwarf hairgrass "beleem" or hc I would like to buy a portion

Comment

fishman1, hope to see you at the meeting. Personally, I don't have any Eleocharis parvula, but I do know where to find it wild. The only issue I have had though is that it can be hard to transition over to submersed unless you have high light and CO2. There is an un-id'd hairgrass floating around our club that is really easy to grow, but we don't know the exact species yet.

Comment

Which Star Pizza? There website shows two places. Does SAE really eats algae?
              Last edited by nhung; 08-19-2011, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Definitely going to try and make this meeting... haven't been since the ADG meeting.
                30Long: L134 Leopard Frog Plecos X16, Corydoras Sterbai X9, Endlers X4

Small ADA nano (~8gal): ... BKK or OEBT breeding tank in the works!

75g Craigslist Special: In the works...

Comment

nhung, SAE will eat hair algae unless you feed them enough fish food to keep them satisfied.

Also, I do still have about 8 or 9 Zebra Nerites in this tank. I paid just over $3 each...I'm willing to sell these if anyone needs some.

The Star Pizza we will meet at is the one on 2111 Norfolk, (Near 59 and Shepherd). Here is the website with address and directions:

Something else I forgot to mention: If you would like to join, membership dues are $10. You do not have to pay dues or join at your first meeting. If you attend a second meeting, we ask that you join and pay dues at that time.
                  Last edited by davemonkey; 08-22-2011, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Meeting is this Saturday! If anyone needs any swords or needleleaf let me know.

Comment

What kind of swords? How many?

I will probably still be in town this week end. so I should make it.

Comment

I'll take some please :)

Comment

The swords are Amazon (Echinodorus grisebachii, formerly known as E. amazonicus or E. bleheri). I have 3 very large (Kevin, a couple of these may be good for your next scape) and two wee pups that want to be placed in a good home with room to grow.

For anyone who is into soft water or RO set-ups...there may be a special treat coming for you (not from me...my water is as hard the ground...a visitor though...).

Comment

Dave, my thoughts exactly, Ready to completely redo the big tank. Been thinking of a wood & swords scape so it would be perfect, I already have the wood picked out (really just ready for something different). Will probably have to clear out a temporary home for them in the 75G. Need to rebound the anubias and start another sell off.

Will be at the meeting tomorrow with family in tow.

Comment

Lucky man?

Originally posted by davemonkey View Post
                              The swords are Amazon (Echinodorus grisebachii, formerly known as E. amazonicus or E. bleheri). I have 3 very large (Kevin, a couple of these may be good for your next scape) and two wee pups that want to be placed in a good home with room to grow.

For anyone who is into soft water or RO set-ups...there may be a special treat coming for you (not from me...my water is as hard the ground...a visitor though...).
                              Now that I read this, was I the one who got the "treat"? They are softwater plants, I need someone to let me know the names again. I think one was Red Ludwigia? I have something similar in my tank now, it is green towards the bottom, and the tips on the surface are red, not sure it's the same thing. I'm not sure what the other "hairy" plant was. I hope to propigate these and share again.

As for the person wanting HC, I brought three bunches to the meeting, along with some other ferns and moss plants. Thanks guys, it was good to trade, and see and meet everyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X