NFL Season 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Season 2011

So, now that the free agency period has been in effect, how do you all feel about where the team you are a fan of is sitting? Obviously, this will probably be Houston-centric, so I'll give my thoughts on them first.

Personally, I think they've addressed their problems, but I'm not sure it's going to help.

You have to consider there are 6 potential playoff spots. . . and only 3 are available to Houston (the other three are for the other Division winners).

They have a shot at the Division, because I think Indianapolis may have a down year, but Jacksonville finished ahead of Houston last year, and Tennessee looks better.

Should they lose the Division and look at the at-large. . . here is where the problem is. Two spots, and they would have to navigate the second best team in the AFC East (New England or New York) and North (Pittsburgh or Baltimore). Those four teams won, minimum, 11 games last year (Jets), and I think the AFC North should have four easy wins for the Steelers and Ravens, because Cleveland and Cincy are probably both terrible. Then, KC was much improved (won 10 games), and San Diego was just behind them. I'm not convinced the AFC West will have a second team, though.

So, it is my belief that it will be imperative that the Texans win their Division (and at least one of the Indianapolis games). It's not going to be an easy season!
    Tell your boss you need to go home to take care of your "cichlids." It sounds an awful lot like "sick kids." )

Texans to the super bowl.
    Damn this hobby......

Comment

Tony it won't be a easy season for us TEXAN FANS but at least we will have one. Bass Tanks attitude is ALL we got. He11 we all got NFL season so lifes good.

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

Have the Texans done anything about there defense?
        Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

I am a Cowboy fan. Born and raised here in the Dallas area all my life. So GO COWBOYS!!!! Garrett is now the man in Vally Ranch so we don't have to see to much Jerry Jones now. I like what the boys are doing by cutting down on extra they don't need. Barber, Davis, Williams and some others. Signed Doug Free which in my opinion was the 1st thing they needed to do. I think we need to improve on DEF, but other then that I think we have a chance to make the playoffs and do well. Boys always seem to do better when they are not expected to do so much.

Honeslty with all that has gone on it is way to early to give predictions. So many players still out there to sign.

Can't wait for some football!!
          Don't blame me, I voted Ron Paul !!!

Comment

CF gets a pass bc he leave in Dallas. :)

With that said, I HATE people that don't have connections to Dallas and be Dallas fans. Particular if that person LIVES in Houston.

I want the Texans to make the payoffs and I think they have a decent chance with upgrades to the secondary. But I been disappointed before...:(As long as we have a better record than Dallas I'm good!
            Go Texans!

p.s. Where is Delock to represent for VY?
            Last edited by myjohnson; 07-31-2011, 11:39 AM.
            I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Texans had the worst DEF. in NFL history last year. They need help BAD.

Comment

One word: "PACKERS"

Comment

They got help.

Our schedule isn't as bad as last years. AFC north and NFC south should be ok.
                  Damn this hobby......

Comment

Originally posted by sunkenmetal View Post
                    Have the Texans done anything about there defense?
                    They've addressed it by adding the second best CB on the market and then adding a Safety that has started for the Bears. Two solid adds. I'm sure there are others, but those were the two big ones.
                    Tell your boss you need to go home to take care of your "cichlids." It sounds an awful lot like "sick kids." )

Comment

Originally posted by myjohnson View Post
                      CF gets a pass bc he leave in Dallas. :)

With that said, I HATE people that don't have connections to Dallas and be Dallas fans. Particular if that person LIVES in Houston.

I want the Texans to make the payoffs and I think they have a decent chance with upgrades to the secondary. But I been disappointed before...:(As long as we have a better record than Dallas I'm good!
                      Go Texans!

p.s. Where is Delock to represent for VY?
                      It's cool if someone wants to present on other teams. . . personally, I am actually a Lions fan (grew up in Michigan), but I get WAY more news on Houston. Detroit has added a decent linebacker, and then got Fairley in the draft. If Stafford stays healthy, I think they could be second in the Division behind the Packers. I'm just not sold on anything the Vikings have done (apparently, they didn't learn what happens when someone like Sidney Rice is out of the line-up, and they let him walk), and I've just never been able to figure out the Bears before the season. When I think they'll be good, they aren't. When I think they're in trouble, they go 13-3.

I did, however, pick the Packers while we were talking during our Fantasy draft last year, and was roundly ridiculed. . .

I think it'll be Packers, Falcons, Eagles, Arizona, Detroit, and Dallas in the playoffs in the NFC. I think it'll be Houston, New England, San Diego, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and New York in the AFC.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyO View Post
                        I think it'll be Packers, Falcons, Eagles, Arizona, Detroit, and Dallas in the playoffs in the NFC. I think it'll be Houston, New England, San Diego, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and New York in the AFC.
                        Smart guy.
                        Damn this hobby......

Comment

Originally posted by BassTank View Post
                          They got help.

Our schedule isn't as bad as last years. AFC north and NFC south should be ok.

To early to tell if the Sched. is weak or hard. No team has even played a pre season game , not to mention so many Free agents still not signed.

Comment

Go Cowboys!

Mark
                            What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

On paper, the Saints are a better team then the team that won the Superbowl. We will see what happens. FWIW, I put no value in the preseason what so ever; however, the Texans looked good against the Saints.

Comment

Working...
                              X