im sick donno why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im sick donno why

Ok my discus caught a case of fungus after a water change bout a month ago so medicated the whole tank things started looking up as they were getting better so i did a water change of 20 pcnt. Now they r sick again but this time worse with fungus so i upd the heat and oxy. And meds again whats the problem here i dont get it could it b in the tap water i am usen conditioner plus my amonia has spiked off the charts what do i do need help asap
    55 gal DISCUS Community Tank)
    45 gallon tank OB Peacock, asst. peacock, with albino oscars community
    10 gallon (fancey guppy, dwarfpuffer, mollies, platys)
    10 gallon Hospital tank
    2.5 gallon dragon betta male tank
    13 gallon plants only tank soon to B saltwater!!!

Maybe Methylene Blue would help, but it will dye your silicone blue.

Comment

If you don't know exactly what kind of fungus, you're going to have to use wide spectrum antibiotics to try to cover the whole range.
      The most easily available is to use a combination of Maracyn 1 & 2. This should cover all gram negative & gram positive bacteria.
      A little of formalin together with the antibiotics should target the fungus.
      www.ventralfins.com

Comment

Originally posted by nacra99 View Post
        If you don't know exactly what kind of fungus, you're going to have to use wide spectrum antibiotics to try to cover the whole range.
        The most easily available is to use a combination of Maracyn 1 & 2. This should cover all gram negative & gram positive bacteria.
        +. i would do the same like this.
        water change and raising temp also help.

Comment

How hot is your water?

Comment

+2
            Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
            Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
            Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
            Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Rip everything in the tank died withn 8 hours even with temp oxy and meds could it have been the plaugue it covered the fish withn hours and like it suficated them it was horible what do i do now to make sure its completely out of the tank for wen i spend money on 6 more discus im sad and wana make sure this doesnt hapen again help please
              10 gallon Hospital tank

Comment

I suggest fire. It worked for the black death.
                45G Cichlid and Turtle

Comment

How big is your tank?
                  45G Cichlid and Turtle

Comment

Sorry for your lost. Are you sure that was fungus? Could you give us a better description of the fungus? Also:
                    1. Water temp
                    2. W/C regimen
                    3. Diet
                    4. Filtration
                    5. How you treat the fungus?
                    6. Did you take any picture?

Comment

1+ for maracyn 1&2... I've found the combination to be very effective but I've never combined with formalin.
                      Chef~PIER 61 SEAFOOD

150G~discus and altums

Comment

Originally posted by mgarrido View Post
                        sorry for your lost. Are you sure that was fungus? Could you give us a better description of the fungus? Also: 1. Water temp 2. W/c regimen 3. Diet 4. Filtration 5. How you treat the fungus? 6. Did you take any picture?
                        i wil post all the info and details rite now my phone is not leting me text it all yall wana here this crazy desease killed them n 5 to 7 hours with no mercy
                        10 gallon Hospital tank

Comment

Sounds like Columnaris. It can wipe out a tank in 24 - 48 hrs.
                          The most obvious sign is poofy fuzzy white tufts growing out of their body and fins.

Either that or you treated for for fungus / columnaris and they were getting better, but you stopped medicating before all the nasties were killed, so they came back faster, stronger and more resistant to antibiotics after.
                          Last edited by nacra99; 07-21-2011, 02:29 PM.
                          www.ventralfins.com

Comment

I was thinking columnaris too. Columnaris loves warm water so you actually need to lower the tank temp to treat it and that stresses your discus out too. Sorry you lost your discus.

Mark
                            What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Originally posted by aone4u2luv@yahoo.com View Post
                              crazy desease killed them n 5 to 7 hours with no mercy
                              HAHA sounds like my ex wife.
                              45G Cichlid and Turtle

Comment

Working...
                              X