betta breeding guestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• betta breeding guestion

Ok so my female accidently jumper out of her breeding net I had her in and now I have eggs which hatched this morning guestion.
    When do I need to take the male out?

You need to take out the female not the male, if not the male will kill the female. Then when the fry are all free swimming (2-3 days) remove the male and be ready for star feeding microworms or baby brine shrimp.
    Last time I breed betas was maybe 20 years ago but I remember the process. Good luck!

Comment

Yeah the female is out already I'm sorry that's what I meant how long after should the male come out? I wasn't really prepared for this and the only thing I have on hand is frozen bbs will that work? N thanks I need all the luck I can get lol!

Comment

you're going to need rotifers, infusoria or vinegar eels.
        Most betta splendens fry are too small to eat even baby brine shrimp.
        www.ventralfins.com

Comment

Originally posted by nacra99 View Post
          you're going to need rotifers, infusoria or vinegar eels.
          Most betta splendens fry are too small to eat even baby brine shrimp.
          Ok I neve even heard bout those before. This is the first time actually breeding bettas and I wasn't prepared for it so any further advice would be appreciated. First of all where can I get these foods you mentioned?

Comment

The infusoria is the easiest for you to get you hands on--get some large jars and some aquarium water, add some plant material and or powdered eggs and make your own. http://aqualandpetsplus.com/Live%20F...0Infusoria.htm The other items you'll need to get a culture from a local betta breeder or go online and order some. You can also work on getting the materials to start a brine shrimp culture as the fry will grow to the point (if you have feed them the smaller stuff) where they will eat baby brine shrimp (BBS). The materials you need to keep a micro worm culture going is a suitable jar/container with air flow, but very small holes too small for fruit flies to get in. I like mason jars and cheese cloth stretched under the ring. Then you need a food source for the worms, either instant mashed potato mix or rolled oats works well. Lots of good breeding and feeding information here. http://www.tcbettas.com/ Good luck.
            While I'm not reef ready, I am salt ernate lifestyle curious...

Comment

You can get them on aquabid.com. Go to the live food section and you'll find lots for sale.
              I find vinegar eels the easiest to "care" for... as they really need no care at all pretty much.
              They are also relatively easy to harvest, so i recommend them for B. Splendens fry.

If you are looking for more info, i'm going to shamelessly plug this site )
              www.ventralfins.com

Comment

Ok cook thanks every one for the info. I will see which one is easiest for me.

Comment

Working...
                X