hello need opinions on maxspect g2 160w

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello need opinions on maxspect g2 160w

hello just wondering does any body own a maxspect....thinking about pulling the plug on 2 g2 160w they are clearing them out ...since g3 is ready for sale.....i can get two units for under 900...i know they are not the ai but just dont feel like shelling out 3000 bryan at finreef said two will light up my 180 and i am still using 6 t5 so please add your two cents guys much appreciated

Sorry for late reply.

I like the maxspect led a lot. At stock trim the g2 does not come with optics so the fixture has great spread. With optics, it may put out more par than the AI bc of the two 30w LEDs.

Eitherway, if your tank is a 180g six footer then you are going to need 3 x 160w.

Keep us updated on what you decided. A few have AIs here so they can help too.
    I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Thanks

Thankyou guys for responding really haven't decided yet I am fairly new at the hobby lucky my training partner is the owner of global leader Aquatics currently I have a 6 foot aquarium but I think it is 135 I have four overdriven geisseman ... I love the color but miss the shimmer ... But I other friend who is researching led technology for the last few years and works for sea world told me it's been proven that after two years the survival rate is going down. And at the present time everyone has sold out of 160. I want to keep t5 and add LEDs too. Have a friend in china she said the new units are smaller but cheaper and have full dimming. She said they were releZed today thanks

Comment

Yeah, I got a g2 on my 60p right now.

For sure LEDs punk t5 in my book. A lot more control with full dimable lights.

What do you mean survival rates going down?

Life of the led or the entire fixture?
        I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Working...
        X