48X48X25 suggestions on stand height?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 48X48X25 suggestions on stand height?

I'm getting a new tank tomorrow. That I plan on making a reef tank out of it. The deems are 48X48X25. What I was wondering was what do you guys thinks on how tall I should build the stand. Should I make it short and view the tank r
    From the top or or from the side. I will be placing it in the middle of a 12 foot so It can be viewed from three sides or maybe in the middle of the room. I'll thank you guys in advance for you input
    Custom Aquarium Cabinets Justin Henry 281-739-8723

I would say do to the depth I would do a 48" tall stand, it should give a nice eye level perspective.
    FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

Comment

41"
      25g - Reef
      3.5g - Surge Tank
      10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

Putting it in the middle of the room would be really nice... 360 view of a reef probably isnt very common. As long as you'd be able to hide most equipment under the stand. If you could get the top of the tank to 5'8 or so eye level. So i guess that would be about what was said 41-43" tall tank.

Comment

So it seems like everyone thinks to view from the side. My other stands are 42" so I guess I need to get to work

Comment

If you're going to have decent flow, viewing from the top is near impossible anyways. I would go with a tall stand since you have 25 inches of glass to view from.

Comment

Originally posted by ssrprelude View Post
              If you're going to have decent flow, viewing from the top is near impossible anyways. I would go with a tall stand since you have 25 inches of glass to view from.
              I agree I'll have two mp60s so yes there will be alot of flow. That is what is was thinking and to have to turn off all the pumps to view it would get old fast

Comment

180 - reef
                30 - reef

Comment

Top view is for ballers only.
                  I ate my fish that died.

Comment

+1

Comment

It is possible to be bad a$$ without being ballin. Creativity, and ingenuity can out do $$$ any day. The baller mentality is so 1990's, we in a recession biot#e$. Justin has the smarts and the ability to make anything awesome without spending stupid cash.
                      Fishtafarian- Fish are more than just a hobby, they are an obsession.

110 gal Tall (Angel Community)
                      29 gal (Planted Puffer)
                      10 gal (snails and small planted)
                      5 gal Hex (shrimp)

Comment

That's a pretty sick tank...let me swing by and check it out. I won't drool in your shop. Promise.
                        Chef~PIER 61 SEAFOOD

150G~discus and altums

Comment

Originally posted by Chef View Post
                          That's a pretty sick tank...let me swing by and check it out. I won't drool in your shop. Promise.
                          Anytime bro. Actually I've built the stand and I went with 42" and I think it will work out great

Comment

Originally posted by ssrprelude View Post
                            +1, only time it'd be viewable is when all powerheads and returns are off...
                            20g mixed reef

Comment

Working...
                            X