feeling horrible!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feeling horrible!!!

my matriarch guppy is 17 months old and dying. after a few days of thinking, i came home from school and decided to ice cube her. i putted her in 8 oz of aquarium water and added 3 large ice cubes in.

as i watch her slip away, i though about the few hundred fries she gave me and felt really bad. a few minutes in, i dumped all the water and putted her back in my 37 gallons. she doesn't move.

i watched her float around for a few more minutes with no gills movement. as i picked her up, she started swimming away!! so i immediately putted her in a breeding net to protect her. been 2 hours and she made little recovery. i don't know what to do. ice her again? does guppies have enough nerves to feel pain?

Sorry for your lost. I have read guppy only live around 1-2 year.

Comment

I'm not sure I quite understand what all you're asking.

First off, how do you know she's dying?
      "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mzungu View Post
        I'm not sure I quite understand what all you're asking.

First off, how do you know she's dying?
        not really asking anything. more like sharing. she died in the end.

she used to be straight and rounded. then her back gradually curve, and she got really skinny. when she swim, she have to swing her whole body. sometimes she would just go with the current.

Comment

Aww, well, I'm sorry. :( :( It seems she had a pretty full life, though. :)
          "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

yeah, i guess 17 months is pretty old huh? not sure her exact age since i got her as a juvenile at petsmart

Comment

Sorry about you little fishy bro. Losing a fish that you've had for and amount of time sucks
              Custom Aquarium Cabinets Justin Henry 281-739-8723

Comment

Working...
              X