My 55 coming together nicely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 55 coming together nicely

I picked up my order from Tampa Bay yesterday. (due to a freigh mixup, I almost carried home a 4 box order destined to the Houston Zoo- wonder what was in there....) Fantastic quality goods, plus free stuff. Recommended! Now to shop the choice pieces, like those with tunicates and other favorite rarities. Day one and no ammonia! We'll see how that luck hold out. Once things settle out again, a RBTA for Elmo to befriend. First post w/ pics, see how this works.
    First pic is sand and rock I've had in for couple months now. The "Before". Last is "Elmo", mug shot.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by fish daddy; 03-10-2011, 10:52 PM.
    39g Crypt/ anubias, wild shrimp and minnows.

55g Reef- first salt in many many years, coming along. Looking great, and stable. Garden mix of soft/lps corals. DIY refugeum

20g Reef- different than the first by design.

Is that going to be the scape you go with?
    Resident fish bum
    330G FOWLR
    34G Reef
    330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
    28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
    Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

I dunno know man. I figure after a month or so I will have determined which sponges and barnacles will be sticking with me, and I might try a new landscape then. Since the tank is situated in a corner, I think a 2/3 mass on wall side, open middle/valley off center, and 1/3 slope on other side. Last saltwater tank I had, live rock hadn't been invented yet.
      I really hope most of the critters find enough to eat to stick around.

I found I have a rock that has a BM every so often. ???
      I have more clicking going on than I can keep track of. Hoping for imbedded pistol shrimp there. I remember hearing all of the clicking while diving around rocks, or hunting stone crabs.
      I am certain I will eventually have to trap some gorilla or stone crabs once they grow enough to really notice.

day 2 clear.jpgDay two, and no ammonia! Prob. tomorrow though. Just so it comes gradually.
      I'll try to take better pics once the camera turnes up. Phone is ok for now.
      Critiques??? Ideas???
      39g Crypt/ anubias, wild shrimp and minnows.

55g Reef- first salt in many many years, coming along. Looking great, and stable. Garden mix of soft/lps corals. DIY refugeum

20g Reef- different than the first by design.

Comment

Working...
      X