Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phosban reactors...which ones do you like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phosban reactors...which ones do you like?

Looking at reactors for my upcoming 150 build. I have been looking at the two little fishes 550 reactor and the Nextreef reactors. this will be under the cabinet and possibly in the sump. I know the 550 is rated for tanks up to 600g but I'd rather have one that is too large than have one that just barely does the job.

I'm sure they all have their pros and cons so I'd like to know which ones you guys like and why.

+1 I'm looking to buy one shortly and looking for feedback as well. I was looking at Avast marine and SWC has a new one as well. Sorry, not trying to hijack just looking for the same info.

http://www.avastmarine.com/ssc/do/ca.../mediareactors

Comment

get a bio-pellet reactor they supposed to help with phosphates and nitrates.
      Resident fish bum
      330G FOWLR
      34G Reef
      330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
      28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
      Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Don't think I'm going to do the bio-pellet. Looks interesting but I will see how that techology progresses in the hobby.

I do think I've narrowed my reactor choice down to either one from nextfeef or one from PM. I've like the way the nextreef ones look to be built and everyone says the they are really well built. As for PM, that just feels like home. I've used lots of PM stuff and it's all been very well built and has always worked as promised.

Then of course there is the 3rd choice...the one I find used and cheap

Comment

Working...
        X