Green Star Polyps Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Star Polyps Help

I have a nice colony of green star polyps. They have been doing really good. over the last week sections have stop coming out to where only about a quater of them come out now. It is in a 72 gallon reef tank with other coral pieces that are doing very well. They were doing very well for months now this. Can anyone offer some advice on it?

Thanks
    Here Fishy Fishy

What level is it in the tank, and what kind of lighting do you have? If the light is too strong they won't open up. More than likely some invert has decided to make that area his personal stomping ground, so they are getting walked on every hour or so.
    75 planted (Being Renovated)
    Endlers
    gobies
    lots of nanos

Comment

I had this happen to me. Never figured what caused it but they all went back to normal. It may be something is irritating it at the moment.
      Resident fish bum
      330G FOWLR
      34G Reef
      330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
      28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
      Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Chemical warfare?
        I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Chemical warfare? You talking about another coral fighting it? In my situation this wasn't the case.
          Resident fish bum
          330G FOWLR
          34G Reef
          330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
          28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
          Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

actually just happened to my star polyps, did a water change, they came back
            "Is this freshwater or saltwater?"......

Comment

ironically in a 72 gallon bow reef tank as well, exact same situation lol
              "Is this freshwater or saltwater?"......

Comment

Working...
              X