3 gallon picotope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 gallon picotope

IMAG0138.jpgIMAG0163.jpgIMAG0181.jpgIMAG0182.jpgIMAG0178.jpgIMAG0183.jpgIMAG0187.jpg

Too Close to Soap!!! lol
    "Is this freshwater or saltwater?"......

Comment

wow it did not take long for some one to notice that lol i moved it a long time ago do not wory i just had it there for a few days until i could get a corner table
      Originally posted by d1c3r View Post
      Too Close to Soap!!! lol

Comment

Wow thats amazing!

Comment

Where did you get the light and how much?

Comment

the light came with the tank if you want i could sell it to you once i buy a coralife this is the one i want
            The Mini Aqualight T5 from Coralife is the first real revision to the iconic form factor since it was launched in the early nineties. Hearkening back to the days of reefing when power compact lamps…

Originally posted by koi View Post
            Where did you get the light and how much?

Comment

Is this tank easy to maintain and was it exspensive to start?

Comment

very easy to maintain other than the evaporation. daily top offs are a must. in the proces of making a auto top off system just like this one
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTYxVr8lws8 im also planing on making a cover in the near future to help with the evaporation

very cheap to start
                60 for the tank light and little filter
                20 for heater
                10 nano power head
                45 for filter/skimmer
                10 for mini hydrometer

and like 75 for corals, live rock and fish

Comment

How much you planning to resell the light for?

Comment

like 20?.....

Comment

That is really amazing i never knew you could keep saltwater in a tank so small. I have a 5 gallon tank,heater,filter, i have a very small pond pump i could use as a power head,what else would i need to get started?

Comment

everybody told me to start off big at least a 30 gallon but i did just fine with a three gallon. a skimmer is a must one like this sould be good for a five gallon http://www.petco.com/product/108200/...n-Skimmer.aspx i have a koralia nano 425 powerhead that is too big for my tank 15 if you want it and a hydrometer to check salt lv. make shure to get lots of live rock 2lbs for every gallon and cruched coral live sand. and make shure to do some research befor you buy any livestock i almost killed a mandarin goby because i did not take the time to read up on its needs. and make shure to give your tank time to cycle another mistake i made your tank should be done in about two three weeks tops.

Comment

I might consider starting this i've never done saltwater before.

Comment

GO FOR IT! buy the saltwater if you do not feel like mixing your own thats what i do
                            http://www.strictlypetsupplies.com/_...ive-4-4-Gallon
                            and replace evaporated water with distilled water its only like 88 cents for a gallon at wallmart

Comment

Working...
                            X