20L Nanoreef Jetty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20L Nanoreef Jetty

I took some pics for NR and figured I would post them here too. Any input is appreciated.

AC70 and a MJ400
    2 x 96W PC 10K and Actinic (looking to get a new bulb soon)

Its been set up since September with rock and dirty water from an established system. Massive thanks goes out to jhenry for helping get this thing going.

DSCN8029.jpgDSCN8036.jpg
    135 gal Fahaka Puffer
    150 gal Threadfin Acaras, Angels, Red Spotted Severum, Gold Severum, and a Silver Dollar
    185 gal Demasoni, Yellow Labs, Venustus, Rustys, Plecos, Clown Loaches, and Sharks

Nice start. Go get an MP10. What corals do you have? I see some shrooms
    Resident fish bum
    330G FOWLR
    34G Reef
    330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
    28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
    Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Looks Great!
      www.ventralfins.com

Comment

Thanks. VorTech is for rich folks, lol. Recognize the light?

I've got three kinds of shrooms. Green stripe, maybe a bubble, and maybe a bumpy? All my mushrooms came from HAW.
        I've got two kinds of GSP and various zoas and palys. Some of it is from madugo and some from the $5 rack at City Pets.

Thanks Nacra.
        Last edited by BeefyG; 11-03-2010, 03:20 PM.
        135 gal Fahaka Puffer
        150 gal Threadfin Acaras, Angels, Red Spotted Severum, Gold Severum, and a Silver Dollar
        185 gal Demasoni, Yellow Labs, Venustus, Rustys, Plecos, Clown Loaches, and Sharks

Comment

Did you put new legs on it? I didnt notice it till know
          Resident fish bum
          330G FOWLR
          34G Reef
          Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Give us specifics on equipment too.
            Resident fish bum
            330G FOWLR
            34G Reef
            Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Originally posted by Darbex View Post
              Did you put new legs on it? I didnt notice it till know
              I tried to fit it on a 39 inch tank and broke the other leg
              135 gal Fahaka Puffer

Comment

Looks great!
                FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

Comment

Nice. I want to convert my 30g to salt water after my fry grow out. Are you using the ac70 differently then u would fresh water?
                  Damn this hobby......

Comment

Nice scape. Rock n reef had a bunch of great looking zoas and palys at decent prices if you're going for a softie tank.

Comment

very sexy i would just move that mj out the way and maybe use some tubing
                      Tropheus Elitist Maximus
                      150 Troph & Petro mix Link
                      ** P.Trewavasae P.F.Chimba P.M.green **
                      ** T.Zongwe**

150 Tropheus Moorii "Murago" Link

Comment

Originally posted by TaTeR ToT View Post
                        Looks great!
                        Thanks!

Originally posted by BassTank View Post
                        Nice. I want to convert my 30g to salt water after my fry grow out. Are you using the ac70 differently then u would fresh water?
                        Thanks! I kinda wish I had gone with a 30g but I already had the 20L. I'm running just the sponge and carbon in the AC70. I will probably add Purigen when I decide if I wanna buy it prebagged or if I want to buy a bottle. I've read horror stories of it leaking out of a bag that the mesh wasn't quite fine enough. Lots of little white balls floating in the tank. There is a mod you can do to it to make it a refugium but this tank is in my bedroom and the fuge light would keep me up.

Originally posted by soymilk View Post
                        Nice scape. Rock n reef had a bunch of great looking zoas and palys at decent prices if you're going for a softie tank.
                        Thanks! I checked out rocknreef but their pictures weren't loading for me. Its definitely going to be a softie tank and maybe a LPS or two.

Originally posted by gotticgs View Post
                        very sexy i would just move that mj out the way and maybe use some tubing
                        Thanks! You mean run it externally? I think I've read you can do that with maxijets but you have to watch their heat. I've noticed I don't need to add a heater when I mix up the water for this tank because I drop the MJ in there to mix it and it heats the water to over 80 degrees. Then I let it cool down before I add it to the tank. Of course thats only 4 gallons at a time. I'm going to have to read up more on that. Or maybe I could run the tubing and put the MJ in the AC70. I've got a lil extra room in there right now...
                        135 gal Fahaka Puffer

Comment

Good start man!

Shallow lagoon is pimp.
                          I ate my fish that died.

Comment

I like this tank quite a bit. I've been gathering info for a 20-g long reef of my own. . . I was thinking about a slightly different orientation to the live rock, but still very similar.

I'm always amazed at the talents of others with aquascaping.
                            Tell your boss you need to go home to take care of your "cichlids." It sounds an awful lot like "sick kids." )

Comment

Working...
                            X