Feeding Dwarf Shrimp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeding Dwarf Shrimp

Just wanted to hear what everyone used and how they liked it.

I started with Algae Discs, crumbling them a bit. They seemed uninterested and never actually sought out the food.

Also was using First Bites for the Killi fry in the tank and was not able to determine whether they had any interest at all as it was sooo tiny.

Frozen Bloodworms - Again added for the tetra's and other inhabitants, a few do appear to nibble on them.

Frozen Daphnia - A bit more interest and most will seek them out.

Shirakura Dwarf Shrimp tablets - Absolute excitement, the entire colony of all my different shrimp come out immediately and actively seek it out.

The Shirakura is a bit expensive and you have to import from Japan so I was wanting to hear peoples opinion of other foods. Hikari Shrimp Cuisine? Hikari Crystal Red? Shirakura Micro Organism powder? Anything that has worked or has not...
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    Desiderius Erasmus
    GHAC President

For my cherries, yellows, malawas, green babaultis and blue pearls I feed a variety of fresh and prepared. The shrimp go nuts over the hikari algae wafers. I also feed tetra flake, color bits, NLS micro, beefheart/veggie mix, raw zucchini, raw cucumber, blanched carrots (to soften them) and spirulia. I vary the prepared foods throughout the week and every three or four days put a chunk of cuke or zuke in.

Mark
    What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Working...
    X