Delock's Monday morning corner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delock's Monday morning corner

Ok, so we made it thru the first week of football. Know let's recapped alittle.

Colts vs.Texan

Like I told someone during preseason, the Colts will not be the same as years before. The Texans...Foster should get a bonus this week. Because he tore up a defensive line that is old. Texans defense played good or either Peyton mind was some where else. I would say both. Without Cushing the Texans stepped up pretty good. Mario was playing like he should and Ryans was flying all over the field.Peyton and crew! They were out of sync for 3 quarters. Two false starts and other mistakes. Well congrats on the games!

Raiders vs Titans

Just win baby! Yep, they did. After shaking off some preseason rust the Titans came out playing. Oakland defense is no joke. They are FAST! Their running game is hard but it came down to Campbell. Too many mistakes. Now for the Titans..they came out playing. Vince made a mistake early but made up for it shortly after. Our no name defense is on FIRE!

Next Sunday picks

Texans at Redskins....If Foster can get a running game set and Andre make a fool out of Hall. They may come out with W.

Steelers at Titans.... Watching the steelers play at the Falcon level yesterday was a bit shocking. Big Ben is missed dearly and they will be 0-2 after the final whistle on Sunday

Sidenote...Dallas aint winning at Chicago either!

Its funny D that when talking about Texans win you mentioned how bad the Colts are, or they are old, or Peyton wasnt in the game. But when talking about Titans game it was all Titans coming out and playing and that Raiders D is good. From the score board it doesnt look like they had a good D and I think the Texans had to come out and play to win that game. As for Dallas they will overcome it as soon as they get their starting O-line back. Fing Baron made so many penalties. They still flashed their talent on offense just shot themselves in the foot with stupid penalties. Their D held Washington to no TDs and a long FG. They will clean it up and will go 11-5 like I said before.
    Resident fish bum
    330G FOWLR
    34G Reef
    330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
    28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
    Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Not funny. Look at the Colts roster and you will see. Plus Peyton was not into the game. He played very off. He was still better then Romo.

Comment

Originally posted by Delock View Post
        Not funny. Look at the Colts roster and you will see. Plus Peyton was not into the game. He played very off. He was still better then Romo.
        I agree.
        Hell, the QB for Dickinson HS played better than Romo did.
        And who called that play at the end of the first half? Whoever it was oughta have his a$$ handed to him.

The Texans looked awesome!..best football game I've seen in years.

Mark
        What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

I'll be honest. I'm not sure it was Peyton's fault. He put some footballs right on some guys, and they just didn't make plays. . . plays that this team has made over the past however many years. From the alternate angle, the Texans, for the most part, made the plays this time. Foster was a stud, and that opening drive of the second half was a statement. Mario Williams seemed to be wreaking absolute havoc. His name was getting called a lot yesterday. Jacoby Jones made some plays. Kevin Walter made a couple catches.

The one guy who didn't impress me was Schaub, and I don't know if it was because they were too busy punching them in the mouth with the run to really make him standout. I know he underthrew a sure touchdown to AJ, when he was single covered and no deep help. He may have been rushed on the throw, though.

That place was LOUD, too! The Colts got one penalty for the clock expiring, and should have had another one called. I was glad to be a part of that, even though I'm a Michigander. . .
          Tell your boss you need to go home to take care of your "cichlids." It sounds an awful lot like "sick kids." )

Comment

How is Pittsburgh going to be 0-2 when their record now is 1-0? The Titans are going to beat them so bad that the league will take away their first win?
            120g - Tropheus Moorii Kambwimba
            180g - Petrochromis Macrognathus Dine/Tropheus Moorii Namansi I

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains"....Winston Churchill

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm"....Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Gene D View Post
              How is Pittsburgh going to be 0-2 when their record now is 1-0? The Titans are going to beat them so bad that the league will take away their first win?
              typo... but money talk bullshyt walk. Just worry about redskins

Comment

The Colts were off their game...my ***...Peyton threw for like 400+ yards...geezz. it was so LOUD in Reliant that it gave me goosebumps about a third of the game. I am suprised Manning could even hear himself think. I am telling you it was the loudest game I have been to there since 2004.

The Colts recievers droped a lot of passes that should have been caught, and we got really lucky on that.

No one cares about Titans anyway...
                380G For Sale $3000 Acrylic tank & stand
                300G Petrochromis Trewavasae and Tropheus mpimbwe Red Cheek & Duboisi
                180G For Sale $1,100 Oceanic Cherry with Stand, T5HO Lights, (2) Eheim 2262
                150G Tropheus Annectens Kekese & Ikola

Comment

Originally posted by geoff_tropheus View Post
                  The Colts were off their game...my ***...Peyton threw for like 400+ yards...geezz. it was so LOUD in Reliant that it gave me goosebumps about a third of the game. I am suprised Manning could even hear himself think. I am telling you it was the loudest game I have been to there since 2004.

The Colts recievers droped a lot of passes that should have been caught, and we got really lucky on that.

No one cares about Titans anyway...
                  Garcon just didn't seem to make catches. The one guy that I thought did play well for the Colts, was Austin Collie. He caught everything! Manning's stats were partially because they were throwing A LOT (57 passes, I think). . . still, it's not like he hasn't done that before.
                  Last edited by TonyO; 09-14-2010, 09:32 PM.
                  Tell your boss you need to go home to take care of your "cichlids." It sounds an awful lot like "sick kids." )

Comment

Texans will beat the tar out of the Redskins

Bears will squeek by the Cowpokes in the Big D

The Aint's will roll the 49ers

Oh and the "who gives a bleep" Titans will loose at home to the Steelers

Any takers?

Comment

Any takers?
                      Fo sho!
                      25g - Reef
                      3.5g - Surge Tank
                      10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

Any takers?

put up or shut up

Comment

which game?

Comment

which game?
                            yours and mine

Comment

$50 bucks each... I'll take Texans and Steelers

Comment

Working...
                              X