Shrimp anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shrimp anyone?

I've been doing quite a bit of research on various shrimp and am wondering if anybody knows of sources where I can buy unusual ones. Don't really have anything specific in mind but of course Sulawesi always sound good! I found a few foreign websites that have a great selection but seems like the US is not quite there yet???

I've also checked into importing them from Germany, which seems to be not too difficult. If anybody is interested let me know. Maybe we can place a larger order to reduce shipping charges.

Here is just an example of what they have. German word for shrimp is: Garnelen. You can click on all the different sub categories and see the vast selections.

Of course there are many, many more. I haven't contacted these suppliers yet still thinking I can find one in the US.

Now go look at pretty shrimp pictures and brush up on your German!

Importing into the united states is ridiculously difficult on an individual basis. You are probably much better off finding a regular dealer that regularly ships to the US. Aquabid.com has invert dealers who have some really crazy stuff. The chance of them being frauds is high, but if you look around and find a trusted dealer, you can probably find what you are looking for.
    75 planted (Being Renovated)
    Endlers
    gobies
    lots of nanos

Comment

I've been getting more interested in Caridina spongicola (Harlequin) and Red Goldflake. I'd prefer to pay more and get them from someone state-side (less risk), but if you are going to go through Germany, let me know. I haven't found anyone with anything other than malawa and cardinals in the states. Perhaps I'm just not looking in the right places.:confused:
      Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
      Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
      Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
      Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Working...
      X