Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Koi Show Seminars: who would go?

Hi,

I'm gauging interest here if there were educational seminars at the upcoming koi show at Bass Pro on Saturday, Sept 4th, how many would attend? I know that knowledge in the hobby is hard to come by and an opportunity with some of the most respected people in the hobby is hard to pass up!

I have a few subject matter experts such as:

Mike Hernandez (a dealer, a certified koi judge who has judged all around the world and owner of Tomigai koi foods) who will discuss what to look for in buying koi and koi nutrition. www.tomigai.com

Mike Swanson (owner of Koi Acres in Minnesota) who builds ponds using the latest polyurea technology and will discuss what it takes to build a proper koi pond. www.koiacres.com

Devin Swanson (apprenticed at Marudo Koi Farm) will discuss his experiences in Japan and the workings of a koi farm.

Post here if you are interested and I'll quickly put these programs together for Saturday (Sept 4th) afternoon.

Best,
    nah, not interested
    0.00%
    too long of a drive
    60.00%
    what is a koi?
    0.00%
    definitely! sign me up
    20.00%
    yes, make it worth my while with a raffle or something
    20.00%

The poll is expired.

Duc
    Dallas Koi Kichi Group (www.dallaskoikichi.org)
    Houston ZNA Moto Kara Koi Kai (www.mkk-zna.org)
    IKONA (www.koishack.com)
    No Showa Left Behind
    Friendship Through Scales
    Proud Subscriber/Support of KOI USA, the official magazine of The AKCA (www.akca.org)

SO where is this at again?
    I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Originally posted by myjohnson View Post
      SO where is this at again?
      Hi,

The 8th Annual Dallas Koi Kichi Group show will be held at Bass Pro in Grapevine, TX (just north of DFW airport) from Sept 3-5th.

We have 30 tanks with about 170 koi on display. We will also have koi vendors selling japanese imported koi and 2 "local" breeders selling some of the best koi available in the US. We also have equipment vendors who will be selling items at show discounts such as Matsuda nets (the best in the world) and pond/filter equipment.

check out our vendor list at: http://www.dallaskoikichi.org/show-sponsors/

a full schedule is available here: http://www.dallaskoikichi.org/show-schedule/

best,
      Duc
      Dallas Koi Kichi Group (www.dallaskoikichi.org)
      Houston ZNA Moto Kara Koi Kai (www.mkk-zna.org)
      IKONA (www.koishack.com)
      No Showa Left Behind
      Friendship Through Scales
      Proud Subscriber/Support of KOI USA, the official magazine of The AKCA (www.akca.org)

Comment

i would go, but too far to drive.

Comment

I'd go if it were here in Katy or pasadena...but NOT that far

CF
          Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Working...
          X