Evaporation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evaporation

I've got a 38 gal and i'm not exactly sure how much is evaporating, it seems like 1/2 gallon a day. is anybody else getting similiar results? maybe it's the more frequent rain or something, but it seemed like it has been evaporation more than it had been just a month ago.
    Softie Reef

is the top covered??? be careful of your salt levels...remember, salt doesnt evaporate.
    250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

Originally posted by snookfish View Post
      I've got a 38 gal and i'm not exactly sure how much is evaporating, it seems like 1/2 gallon a day. is anybody else getting similiar results? maybe it's the more frequent rain or something, but it seemed like it has been evaporation more than it had been just a month ago.
      My evaporation been going up too. But I think it's cause I keep my A/C lower then before.
      I ate my fish that died.

Comment

In the summer when the air conditioner is on all the time. You will get alot more evaporation.

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

Originally posted by fshfrk View Post
          In the summer when the air conditioner is on all the time. You will get alot more evaporation.
          +1
          All my tanks lose more water in summertime.

Mark
          What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

I keep a glass top on for all my tanks without auto topoff.
            Even with the top on i still have to top off about 1/2 gal every 2-3 days. Quite normal.
            www.ventralfins.com

Comment

My ATO on my 28G SW tank uses about 5G every week
              Resident fish bum
              330G FOWLR
              34G Reef
              330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
              28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
              Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

yeah i probably lose a half-3/4 gallon a day on my 75 gallon. Its normal. Just watch salt levels.
                75gal reef aka the $$$$ pit.

Comment

My big tanks in the garage lose about 2-3 gallons a day. Inside tank not so much, top off every few days.

Comment

I do not have a top on, mostly because I have a fixture clamped to the rim and it seems like when i had glass tops, all i did was clean them to keep enough light shining through. I was just wondering if the lower humidity inside the house really made a big difference. my thermostat is set at 79 during the day, so i was thinking that the tank temp was so close it shouldn't be evaporating THAT much, but apparently the ceiling fan and a/c combined are probably sucking all the water it can out. I had the same evaporation rate with a 55g, so i expected the smaller tank to drink less, apparently, it's not small enough!
                    Softie Reef

Comment

Working...
                    X