Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quarantine tank vs hospital tank

Well, here may be a stupid question:
    Is there a difference between a quarantine tank and a hospital tank as far as the tank, setup and filtration is concerned. Or are they one in the same?

In preparing to add an additional fish, I have read numerous posts on each, and haven't quite found the answer I'm comfortable with. Some use the names interchangeably.

Thanks

Originally posted by RocketSurgeon View Post
    Is there a difference between a quarantine tank and a hospital tank as far as the tank, setup and filtration is concerned. Or are they one in the same?
    Nope! :) They're the same thing. There are no specific "rules" that concern either of the names used. I think they're used interchangeably, or in different contexts, just because of the situation at hand. For instance, before you find out if anything's wrong with your fish, i.e., for new fish, you put them in a quarantine tank. But that same tank can become a hospital tank that same day if you find that the fish is/are sick.

Usually, though, the tank's a minimalist-type setup, whatever you wanna call it.
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Yup. I agree with M.

For me, quarantine tank are for new fishes coming in and you don't want them to make your main fishes sick. You basically want to quarantine them.

Hospital tank are more for sick/beat up fishes that need a separate tank to recover.

Set up should be the same for most purposes.
      I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Working...
      X