My New Macs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Macs

The latest wild pair. Pardon the iphone picture quality. He is great, both are big but she is really HUGE.
    Attached Files

ugly as can be! JUST KIDDING!
    Josh,
    I'm just jealous. Someday my wife will see to letting me bring home a pair of those beauties. I finally got my brownorums to build a nest an exibit breeding behavior. Unfortunately, I again forgot to cover my tank, and found my male in my dogs pet bed.

Those are awsome. Don got in another pair. I think they may already be sold. You need to findout who gets them so you can breed between the 2 lines.
    That reminds me I gotta get him to order me some B. foerschi.

Jonas
    Emerald Green Rainbowfish
    Yellow Rabbit Snails

Comment

Yeah, Don had three pair come in, this is one of those three, they're all sold now... This is my second pair... the first female didn't make it, she was a little rough around the edges when I got her, and the male disappeared from a fully covered tank of which he was the only inhabitant... Really weird (and costly). They have wonderful personality and his color is getting better daily... particularly when she isn't in a bad mood chasing him around.

In other news, I have Albimarginata fry from two spawns swimming around and my stupid Rubra male has now swallowed 4 sets of eggs.

He has foerschi and mandor in right now, at least did as of Monday, as well as plenty of others including three or four different Uberis subspecies, and more things coming in Thursday including Ideii

Comment

Very nice, Josh. They look scrappy!

Mark
        What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

sweet!
          Macs have a special place in my heart....
          www.ventralfins.com

Comment

This is where my jealousy rears its ugly head.
            Tell your boss you need to go home to take care of your "cichlids." It sounds an awful lot like "sick kids." )

Comment

Josh,
              How are the macs doing?
              Yellow Rabbit Snails

Comment

All is good. She is calming down and he is starting to display for her a little bit it seems. I never can get a picture though, seems to scare him when I get close, otherwise he is personable. I moved yesterday and everybody seems fine aside from the Ich I'm still fighting.

Comment

Josh,
                  you need to post pics of the mouthful of eggs
                  Yellow Rabbit Snails

Comment

Well, I would... but he swallowed them yesterday. I figured he would. Few more weeks and I'll be expecting another. Oh well.

Comment

Give him lots of hiding places. Especially towards the back of the tank where he won't be disturbed by traffic. As long as he is hiding, means he's still holding.
                      www.ventralfins.com

Comment

They have a new pair of Macs that just came into FG last week. Nice looking fish.
                        Yellow Rabbit Snails

Comment

Working...
                        X