• Show
Clear All

• Tropheus Moorii "Namansi Red"

Who's got them?

Anyone got info on these fish?

Please post a link!

Thanks,

-mj
    Last edited by myjohnson; 07-12-2010, 01:36 AM.
    I ate my fish that died.

Who bought them from Mike? Last time I was up there he had some available.
    300+RR (8-10 ft x 30"x30") - Waiting to find it... Lake Tanganyikan
    225RR (72"x24"Wx29"H) DSA - Lake Tanganyikan WC Murago
    210RR (60"x24"Wx32"H) AGE - Lake Tanganyikan WC IN PROGRESS
    160RR 1/2 cylinder (60"x30"Wx30"H) AGE - Altum Biotope IN PROGRESS
    90RR (36"x24"Wx25"H) NEO DSA - Rio Meta Biotope
    90RR (36"x24"Wx25"H) NEO DSA - Lake Valencia Biotope

Comment

Mike still got some. I was just wondering if anyone else got some.

But most importantly, I'm just seeking info on these fish.
      Last edited by myjohnson; 07-12-2010, 02:22 AM.
      I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Here is a little bit of info I found. http://www.tanganyika.ru/articles/ar...9&cat=1&igen=1

Below is the translation.

In November 1998 new discoveries occurred in Namansi region. Was there found the small reef, which was named “Namansi Of reff” (i.e., the reef Of [nanmansi]). Among different races and gripping variety Of tropheus (OV), discovered near the reef, Tropheus of moorii was first, which drew the attention of researchers.
        This variety Of tropheus of moorii was noted for the first time in November 1998. Were by that time discovered and caught only 30 copies. It is later, when the water level in the lake Tanganyika was lowered, the population Of tropheus of moorii in the reef Of [namansi] and in its [okruzhvayushchem] rocky biotope, it became even smaller.
        Today, when the water level in the lake increased ([bolee] than to two meters), occurred some changes in the environment. Some zones of inhabiting became more, others considerably decreased.
        The reef Of [namansi] - one of those zones of inhabiting, which became more and “is more capacious”, the population of [tsikhlid] near the reef noticeably increased.
        Name “Red Of namansi” (red Of [namansi]”) was given this variety of [trofeusov] for the red spinal fin and the red yellowish body. Tropheus of moorii Of red Of namansi (red Of [namansi]”) is one of the newest discoveries in the kind Of tropheus.
        Namansi “reef” - however still sufficiently small rocky living environment. In the large numbers Of tropheus of moorii “Red Of namansi” they will be hardly caught, at least not today and not tomorrow.
        Copyright © of 1998 - 2001 African Of trading AB Of sweden. All of rights of reserved (African Of diving LTD)

Some discussions on another forum: http://www.cichlidae.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=44293
        Last edited by myjohnson; 07-12-2010, 02:03 AM.
        I ate my fish that died.

Comment

They may also go by a different name. I'm not all to sure.

Those chungwa looks sweet!

I founds this on youtube. Looks a lot like namansi reds to me.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iTTlyWz5APg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iTTlyWz5APg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
          Last edited by myjohnson; 07-12-2010, 01:40 AM.
          I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Found two more:

Appears that Airfish imported some last summer.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V66Y-fUSAN0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V66Y-fUSAN0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yvYeGXD6qsE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yvYeGXD6qsE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

I also tracked down the guy that has these fishes. Maybe some emails will produced more info.
            Last edited by myjohnson; 07-12-2010, 01:57 AM.
            I ate my fish that died.

Comment

The background and rock work in that first Chungwa video are sick!

Thai it looks Moorii Namansi are on Nunu's fish list. With a little work maybe we can a get a box or two ordered
              120g - Tropheus Moorii Kambwimba
              180g - Petrochromis Macrognathus Dine/Tropheus Moorii Namansi I

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains"....Winston Churchill

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm"....Winston Churchill

Comment

Mike's came from Michelle.
                I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Found a little more info:

Gracias a los foros de Tropheus como www.tropheus-forum.de (propiedad de Oliver Speckmann, propietario de AQUACAVE, www.aquacave.de ), podemos aprender y conoce
                  I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Wow those guys could use a good moderator on that site! It was hard to pull info between all the name calling and finger pointing

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains"....Winston Churchill

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm"....Winston Churchill

Comment

lol, I thought it was funny.
                      I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Comment

Hey Ton welcome to the Houston Fish Box. Nice to have you here. How many fish do you have in that group and have they started breeding for you yet?

Comment

Hello Gene

I have sinds 3 days 2 young Tropheus
                            Tataal is 25 ratio 1:3

gr Ton from the Netherlands

Comment

Very nice scape Ton!

Welcome to the box also.
                              I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Working...
                              X