Fantasy Football?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Football?

Does anyone on here run a Fantasy Football League? If so, I'd love to participate if there's an open spot.

If not, I'm more than happy to start a Yahoo League (or other on-line league) if I can get 10 or 12 confirmed participants.
    Tell your boss you need to go home to take care of your "cichlids." It sounds an awful lot like "sick kids." )

I'm in Tony. Start a league there's not one here. Sounds like fun.

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

count me in!
      215g Malawi Peacocks and Mbuna
      180g Tropheus Ikola and Bemba and Clown Loaches
      58g Bristlenose breeding and grow out

Comment

Tony I don't have a clue how this works can you help me out?

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

Absolutely! I'll post something when I get home tonight.
          Tell your boss you need to go home to take care of your "cichlids." It sounds an awful lot like "sick kids." )

Comment

I was just logging on to see if anyone wanted to play. Do we need someone to start a leauge? I have been doing them for about 12 years now. Anyone want to do 10-20$ entry fee? 10-12 teams?
            Don't blame me, I voted Ron Paul !!!

Comment

We can do that, or we can do it just for bragging rights. . . doesn't matter to me! I've been doing this for about 12 years, as well.

You're more than welcome to handle the commish duties, if you'd like.

Comment

Here's the gist of how it works (this isn't specific, this is a general outline). . . everyone drafts a team, consisting of a group of starters and bench players (who come into play due to injuries or bye weeks).

Two teams play each other, Team A and B. Each team fields a set team of starters, for example a QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, a TE, a K, and a DEF. Sometimes, leagues will have what's called a FLEX position, meaning there will be another starter, usually this will have to be another RB, WR, or TE (or in some leagues, a WR or TE). The real games are played, and points are awarded based upon how the real players did. Scoring systems vary. . . let's say Passing Yards are 1 point/20 yds, Passing TDs are 4 points, and Interceptions are -2. Team A's QB had 300 yds, 2 TDs, and an INT. This is 21 points (300/20= 15, 2*4=8, 1*-2=-2, so 15+8-2=21). Team B's QB had 240 yds, 2 TDs, and no INT for 20 points. . . and so on.

All the points for the starters are added up, and the team with the highest overall point total wins the game. There is a playoff system, based upon how many teams are set to make it, with tie-breakers, just in case. You play it out until one "owner" is the Champ!

Draft strategy is the key. If you draft poorly, you're not going to do well. We do random drawings for draft order, with a serpentine-style draft. . . 12 teams, the team with the Overall #1 pick in the First Round will have the 12th pick in the Second Round (and the first pick in the Third Round). The team that has the last pick in the First Round drafts first in the Second Round.

Drafts can be conducted on-line, either manually (where everyone sits in front of their computer) or auto-pick (where the computer picks for you based on your lists), or can be done live, where everyone gathers in one room and picks happen right there. There are advantages and disadvantages to both. In recent years, our live drafts have had people missing and it causes problems.

Make sense?

Comment

Yahoo Fantasy Football. Create or join a NFL league and manage your team with live scoring, stats, scouting reports, news, and expert advice.

I set everything up! Free to play!

The drat date that is set dose not have to be set in stone...I just needed to put something to start the leauge.

League ID#:118966League Name:Houston Fish BoxPassword:ilovefish

Comment

Awesome! Thanks!

Comment

Anyone ????

Comment

I just haven't joined yet. I'll do it soon.

Comment

Come on ...where are the football fans?

Comment

I may play, never done it, but love football. Can I still join later in the week when I have time to look it over.
                            Fishtafarian- Fish are more than just a hobby, they are an obsession.

110 gal Tall (Angel Community)
                            29 gal (Planted Puffer)
                            10 gal (snails and small planted)
                            5 gal Hex (shrimp)

Comment

OK, I'm signed up, but won't be able to live draft on a saturday
                              215g Malawi Peacocks and Mbuna
                              180g Tropheus Ikola and Bemba and Clown Loaches
                              58g Bristlenose breeding and grow out

Comment

Working...
                              X