Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new yoyo loaches

Hi all

I have just added (last night) 3 yoyo loaches and they really make the tank look good. Last night they seemed so playfull and stuck together.

This morning I have come down and my rainbow shark is going ape**** chasing them non stop. Is this a big problem?? Will he calm down ?? Is he just marking hid teratory (spell check).

I hope i can keep both on as I love both fish.

Ps any tips on keeping these yoyo's

Cheers
    Teddy
    Better to look stupid than open your mouth and prove it !!!

Don't worry about your yoyos. The shark will learn not to pester them the first time one of the yoyos hits him with a cheek spine.

The yoyos generally max out around 6" or so. Some stay skinny while some get quite pot-bellied. They can handle a wide range of conditions and tank mates. They will eat just about anything but have a particular fondness for snails. They are also, if cared for properly, quite long-lived. I have one in my tang. tank that is almost 23 yrs old.

Mark
    Last edited by wesleydnunder; 05-26-2010, 11:53 AM. Reason: can't spell today
    What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

My new yoyo loaches

Cheers mark

Feel better now!! I read they are hardy but wanted to make sure. I do like the way they add a bit off spice and colour to the tank

Thanks again mark.

Teddy
      Better to look stupid than open your mouth and prove it !!!

Comment

Every rainbow shark I've ever had was a *****, lol. are the loaches close to the same size as the shark, if so then everything should work itself out. Like Mark said, those bifurcated sub-ocular spines help.
        ‎Haiku's are easy
        But sometimes they don't make sense
        Refrigerator

Comment

Working...
        X