Post pics of your clown fish hosting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post pics of your clown fish hosting

I got the idea for this thread, because i noticed my clown has started to host my toadstool leather. I have had a clown before that hosted an overflow till he was sucked down it. I have also heard of them hosting all sorts of things, even clams. So post some pics of your clown hosting what ever it host.

75gal reef aka the $$$$ pit.

An overflow?!
    Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

Man my two clowns host the corner of the tank they just dig a hole in the corner. I did get mine to start feeding from my hand though.
      Resident fish bum
      330G FOWLR
      34G Reef
      330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
      28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
      Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Yes I had one host an overflow, some people even report that theirs have even hosted powerheads. I think clown fish are some of the bravest/dumbest fish in the ocean. It takes them no time to get used to your hand being in the tank. Mine can also be hand fed as well as my shrimps. I think its less in the training more in them being willing to eat/check out anything coming into the tank. Some clowns will even bite their owners as they are cleaning the tank. Maroon clowns being the most of the biters due to there aggressive territorial behavior.

Comment

--I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
          -Stephen Roberts

Comment

Is that elegance coral? Thats awesome! Elegance corals are one of those major iffy corals that die off often. Just watch it if he gets too rough.

Comment

Originally posted by tang-chaser View Post
              Maroon clowns being the most of the biters due to there aggressive territorial behavior.
              hell with that!! both my onyx's try to bite me when i stick my hand into the tank. it makes working on the coral very hard. and yes that is elegance ive had it for about 4 months now and it seems to be dooing great opens wide, only problem is that i cut back on my feedings and now my emerald crab likes to takes bites out of it from time to time. i guess he just hungry ill have to go back to my old feeding routine.

--I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
              -Stephen Roberts

Comment

How is the clam doing? Your running MH?
                Resident fish bum
                330G FOWLR
                34G Reef
                Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Post pics of your clown fish hosting

Originally posted by Darbex View Post
                  How is the clam doing? Your running MH?
                  Clams are doing fine I can still see new growth on them. Still no MH. I'm looking into one though. But not untill I get a chiller.

-Stephen Roberts

Comment

Damn those crabs! I think mine ate a skunk cleaner shrimp. Dont know for sure, but shrimp was acclimated in the same bag as astria and margarita snails(all survived) and seemed fine til i couldn't find him the next day. I found leftovers in my lobo.

Comment

i think he sees me....

Comment

Originally posted by soymilk View Post

i think he sees me....
                        LOL!
                        Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

"big f-ing eyes, but a nice f-ing fish"

Comment

Finally mine decided to host. And they choose.......A leather

Resident fish bum
                            330G FOWLR
                            34G Reef
                            Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

ha ha thats funny that yours would go after the toadstool also.

Comment

Working...
                              X